Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: How do YOU keg hop?  (Read 6888 times)

Offline corkybstewart

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: How do YOU keg hop?
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 01:05:44 pm »
I use pellet hops so I put them in a sanitized hop bag, throw the bag in the keg and seal it up.  It's amazing to taste the evolution of the beer over the life of the keg.  I've read that this makes the beer taste grassy after a while but I've never experienced that at all.

Using your method with the pellet hops, do you get hop resin when you pour a beer?  Only because I've been conditioning this beer for the past week and it's now bright and clear.

I've never seen any hint of hop resin or any other visible evidence of the hops in the keg.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 01:12:33 pm by dbeechum »
Life is wonderful in sunny White Signal New Mexico

Offline pyrite

• Brewer
  • Davis, CA
Re: How do YOU keg hop?
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2011, 07:25:16 am »
I use pellet hops so I put them in a sanitized hop bag, throw the bag in the keg and seal it up.  It's amazing to taste the evolution of the beer over the life of the keg.  I've read that this makes the beer taste grassy after a while but I've never experienced that at all.

Using your method with the pellet hops, do you get hop resin when you pour a beer?  Only because I've been conditioning this beer for the past week and it's now bright and clear.

I've never seen any hint of hop resin or any other visible evidence of the hops in the keg.

Just what I needed to know...Thanks
If you don't get in over your head, how are you ever going to know how tall you are.