Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: It was a good week  (Read 1945 times)

Offline uthristy

• Brewer
  • Hot & sticky Fla.
It was a good week
« on: March 19, 2011, 09:17:36 am »
While having our roof re-done the contractor`s  supplier sent architectural shingles along with the top of the line skylite. The guys doing the install didn't know what we had ordered and by the time it was noticed 90% of the roof was done :D

The boss was pissed at his crew & the supplier but said it was his problem and theres no extra charges :D :D

The bathrooms & living room tile is almost done so we drove back home yesterday evening. Thats when my luck ran out or so I thought, after being stuck in traffic for 30 mins on st rd 40 behind some jerk doing 35mph I saw an opening. A downshift and thats two cars passed as I pulled back in line only I noticed blue/red lites flashing 5 cars behind.... GPS showed 82mph in a 55mph zone  :o

I was busted no way outta of it, so as the cop weaved his way closer I pulled over to face the music. "Hows it going"  not too good now sir,  "Why? at this point I babbled about the traffic ect as I handed my papers over knowing the ticket would be about $400.

He runs my info and hands my stuff back and says "he feels your pain"(re: traffic) and only stopped me as I looked like someone they wanted really bad. Did I mention he was packing 3 guns & dress in full swat gear, so my speeding & passing of 2 cars wasn't worth his time and  I was free to go ;D

Yep it was a good week, I thought about buying a lotto ticket before thinking maybe I had used up all my good luck.

roofing pics
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t248/Beer_Tour2/roof1.jpg
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t248/Beer_Tour2/roof2.jpg
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t248/Beer_Tour2/roof3.jpg
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 09:20:29 am by uthristy »

Offline pinnah

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Wesloper, CO
Re: It was a good week
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 09:43:42 am »
Wooee, lucky lucky!

When I read the title, I though you might have about 3-4 hydrometer shots to show off! ;D

Looks tropical man.  Cheers to spring.

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 03:57:24 pm »
Knuckles here, man!  8)
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline tumarkin

• Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 04:16:43 pm »
Lady Luck, her kisses are sweet & usually unexpected
Mark Tumarkin
Hogtown Brewers
Gainesville, FL

Offline 1vertical

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Ozone Layer. Actual location
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 09:54:56 pm »
True that!
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

Offline uthristy

• Brewer
  • Hot & sticky Fla.
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 05:41:02 am »
I though you might have about 3-4 hydrometer shots to show off! ;D

Looks tropical man.  Cheers to spring.

Not much brewing this year, outta base grains, all money is going to remodel our other place and theres those damn airline tickets still to buy for our august trip to Amsterdam.So these are the last batchs till later this year, oh and spring is long gone as yesterday it hit 89F.

Yes it was a sweet kiss indeed ;)

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 11:36:05 am »
Those shingles ought to hold up better in bad weather. Do they go well with the house?

I could have used a bit more of Winter. The AC has been running and I've already mowed the yard three times. :( Hoping I was gonna be able to wait until April.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis