The Bull Falls Homebrew Club would like to invite you to our competition.
This is a Invitational Interclub “Brew-to-Style” Competition. This means you must be in a Club!
THIS IS THE FIRST YEAR WE HAVE OPENED IT UP TO ALL CLUBS.THIS YEAR FEATURED STYLE"Dunkelweizen"Saturday, March 3rd, 2012
9:00am – 2pm
Great Dane Pub and Brewing Company
2305 Sherman Street
Wausau, WI 54401-17082012 Golden Growler Invitational
Inter-Club “Brew to Style” Competition Official Rules
1. Open to any home brewer that is a member of a club with at least 5 members. If an individual is a recognized member of two or more clubs the individual can only submit their entries through one club.
2. Individual or group brews will be accepted.
3. Must be brewed at home. Professionally brewed beers (brewed in a commercial brewery, microbrewery, brewpub, or brew on premise) are not eligible for competition.
4. No professional brewers will be allowed to enter. You will be on your honor.
5. The contest organizers and volunteers may enter. Steps will be taken to ensure anonymity of entries. No judge may judge the featured style they have entered.Club Entry Requirements
1. Three (3) entries per club are to be submitted for the Golden Growler award. Each club is responsible to determine their own judging criteria for the advancement of entries to represent their club.
2. Entries must be submitted before SATURDAY, Febuary 4, 2012 at 12:00 AM. Entries should be mail before Wednesday, Febuary 1st, 2012.
Shipped entries should be packaged carefully to avoid breakage and leaking. There will be no refund for entries damaged in transit.Entries can be shipped to:Bull Falls Homebrew Depot
701 Prospect Ave.
Wausau, WI 54403www.bullfallshomebrewdepot.com
orGreat Dane Pub and Brewing Company
2305 Sherman Street
Wausau, WI 54401-1708http://www.greatdanepub.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=62&Itemid=80
3. Three (3) twelve-ounce BROWN bottles must be submitted per entry. Green, clear, or Grolsch-style ceramic closure bottles will NOT be accepted.
4. Bottles must be free of all labels, raised lettering, decorations, or identifying markings.
5. Caps must be plain or blackened out with a permanent black marker.
6. Each bottle must have a bottle ID tag attached to it with a rubber band. NO TAPE! Bottle id forms can be found at http://www.bjcp.org/docs/SCP_BottleID.pdfJudging
1. While this is not a BJCP sanctioned event, the BJCP program style guidelines will be used (www.bjcp.org/2008styles/style06.php#1a
2. Judging will take place at Great Dane Pub and Brewing Company of Wausau on or before March 3rd, 2012.
3. Each club is welcome to have a representative on site to insure fair judging.
4. The judges will be professional brewers from the area and/or BJCP certified judges who are not participants of any of the participating clubs and/or Pre-qualified individuals who are NOT entered in the competition and have completed a Bull Falls Homebrew Club judging class.
5. Each entry will be individually scored and then the top 10 will be ranked from 1st place to last place. Points will be given for each ranking for the Club Positioning System to decide the winner of the Golden Growler Inter-Club competition. Points are as follows: 1st place = 10 point, 2nd place = 9 points, etc.
6. In the event of a tie score for individual beers, the total score of all judges’ “Overall Impression” portion of the BJCP score sheets will be used to break the tie.
7. If a tie still remains then both beers will receive the same score (ie. If 2 beers are tied for 3rd place, both will receive 8 points). The next beer will receive a score 2 places down. (ie. 2 beers tie for 3rd place and both receive 8 points. The next beer will receive 5th place = 6 points).
8. The Club with the most points wins. If there is a tie, the Club with the better placing wins (ie Club "G" has 2nd place and Club "W" has 5th and 8th. Club "G" wins).Awards
1. The awards ceremony will be Saturday, March 3rd at approximately 2:00pm. Other events will begin at 10:00am.
2. The club with the lowest overall score in the Club Positioning System, will be considered the winners of the competition. The name of the winning club and 3 brewers representing the club will be installed with an engraved or etched plate along with the year the award was presented. They will be sent a plaque
3. The top placing individual will receive a “2012 Golden Growler Champion” medal.Style
1. Each participating club in the Golden Growler competition is eligible to submit four different
ingredients for next year’s New Free Style Event.
1a. Two traditional beer ingredients and
1b. two non-traditional beer ingredients. All ingredients must be edible.
Bull Falls Homebrew Club reserves the right to refuse any ingredient for any reason.
2. The BJCP category of the current year’s selected beer cannot be duplicated for 2 years.
3. The BJCP sub-category of the current year’s selected beer cannot be duplicated for 5 years.
4. The Bull Falls Homebrew Club will be announced and/or displayed the style for next years Golden Growler Competition.
5. The 1st place individual winner of the current year will be allowed the privilege of drawing two selection of ingredients from a hat to choose for next year’s New Free Style Competition. If the winner is not present or unable to draw, the current year competition organizer will draw. The drawing will take place after the GG winner has been announced.NOTE:
2012 style - 15B. Dunkelweizen
2011 - 6A. Cream Ale
2010 - 16C. Saison
2009 - 7B. California Common
2008 - 14B. American IPA
2007 - 11C. Northern English Brown Ale
2006 - 4C. Schwarzbier
2005 - 17E. Gueuze
Any questions please contact:Chad Hoffer
14736 N. Lane Drive
Marathon, WI email@example.com