Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: All Grain Irish Red from Northern Brewer - Stopped bubbling after 2 days.  (Read 6542 times)

Offline BinaryBrew

• 1st Kit
    • Binary Brew
Well.  I had not actually found that in the Ask the Experts.  Guess I was referring to my searches on the web regarding the subject.  Now that I have this explanation from a true expert.  I think I will stick with a primary from now on.  I should have just joined this forum from the start.  The local home brew forms are good, but each person tends to have a unique way of doing things.  And based on the 3-8 day fermentation you noted, I think this batch will turn out great.  My only worry now is that the room I have it in may be a bit on the warm side at 68 to 70. I'll move it up to a cooler room (62 to 65 degrees) tonight to let if finish for another week.

Thanks again, going to start my Scotch Wee Heavy this weekend.... extract kit, but those have made some of my best batches to date.  I'll update this thread once I test the gravity tonight to see how far it has dropped.  

Offline BinaryBrew

• 1st Kit
    • Binary Brew
ok.  so, after 3 days, the gravity is now 1.020 from 1.045.  So its about 3.35% ABV right now.  I moved it to a cooler room. Hoping the gravity will drop a bit more over the week.  Killians is 4.9%, so I'm not too far off. I have it in a room now that is ~66 degrees.  So, hopefully things will continue to progress over the next week or so.