Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: NHC Region Rule  (Read 2133 times)

Offline tesgüino

• Assistant Brewer
NHC Region Rule
« on: March 23, 2011, 07:34:39 am »
I have a couple of entries going to Saratoga Springs, but just discovered that a Robust Porter brewed not too long ago will also be ready. The problem is that Saratoga Springs is full and there doesn't seem to be a way to send to multiple locations or switch locations once you've commited.

I have a family membership with my wife as a member. Would I be allowed to enter a beer under her name and AHA number and send it to another region even though she is an assistant brewer?

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
Re: NHC Region Rule
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 07:41:07 am »
Not sure about that.

I am thinking that it should be fine but don't hold me to that. This is a good question that I believe Janis Gross should be able to answer. Hopefully she'll see this today but if not I can try and track her down for you.

Welcome to the AHA Forum.
Ron Price

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 07:54:51 am »
Ah, looks like me waiting an extra day means that I won't get to submit my entry after all. Saratoga Springs was my entry destination as well.

Of course it's my own fault for not filling out the paperwork a week ago, but I have to say I'm not too happy with the fact that my chance is gone for submitting something this year. You would indeed think there would be a way to switch regions without having to use someone else's member number - or perhaps an exception for people not living in the US - but I suppose those are pretty special cases.

But hey, that's one more beer I get to drink.
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline bonjour

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Troy, MI, 37mi, 60.9deg AR
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 08:28:14 am »
They want ALL entries from a member to go to the judging center,  That way you can't send the same beer to multiple centers to get medals.

If none of your entries are in I would think you should be able to send to another center.
Fred Bonjour
Co-Chair Mashing in Michigan 2014 AHA Conference in Grand Rapids, Michigan
AHA Governing Committee; AHA Conference, Club Support & Web Subcommittees

Everything under 1.100 is a 'session' beer ;)

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 08:37:58 am »
They want ALL entries from a member to go to the judging center,  That way you can't send the same beer to multiple centers to get medals.

If none of your entries are in I would think you should be able to send to another center.

Possibly, but it looks like the form doesn't permit that sort of change... Once you've selected a center you're set. Of course, if the form hasn't been built correctly, there are ways around the whole 'grayed-out radio button' thing, but that's only if you're not a Good Person.
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 09:09:24 am »
To be certain, email janis@brewersassociation.org .
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Janis

• AHA Project Coordinator/NHC Director
  • Brewer
  • Which came first, the pelican or the beer?
    • American Homebrewers Association
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 09:13:48 am »

Thanks, Fred.

It is possible to change your Judging Center designation, IF you have not already registered and/or paid for entries in the original Judging Center you chose when you created your account in the Online Registration system.  Please contact me directly about this issue, and I will deal with each situation separately.  Thanks.

Janis Gross, janis@brewersassociation.org

Cheers,
     Janis
Janis Gross
National Homebrew Competition Director
AHA Project Coordinator
janis@brewersassociation.org