Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Bacon.....again....  (Read 1271 times)

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
Bacon.....again....
« on: March 23, 2011, 04:59:27 pm »
 By now you all know my sick fascination with bacon. For a while now I've had the idea to make pig candy from 1Verticle. Well, Monday, I was doing some pork, for pulled pork on the grill. My rub has a very heavy brown sugar base, along with some cyane, cumin, salt, pepper, a few red pepper flakes for good measure, and maybe some other assorted goodies.
 When putting the pork on the grill, I layed strips of bacon over the top, so the fat could run over, and seep into the pork. By the time it was down, the brown sugar rub had carmelized, and stuck to the now perfectly cooked bacon. Gentlemen, I tell you in all honesty, it was THE BEST bacon of my life!!!
  Having the guys over for poker night on Friday. I'm making a bacon bomb, and you can bet pig candy is on the menu for dessert. Maybe even the maple bacon shakes that was also just pm'ed to me. I can imagine the straight brown sugar would be good on the bacon, but the addition of the cyane, and cumin really took it to the next level. you guys HAVE to try this!
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
Re: Bacon.....again....
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 05:57:21 pm »
That kind of reminds me of a "smoked fatty"...close anyway.  8)

Ron Price

Offline ethalacker

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 06:43:23 pm »
http://www.dadsgarage.com/Shows/Season-16/Special-Events/BaconFest.aspx

There is a festival this weekend in Atlanta. BaconFest.  It happens every year.  One restaurant is donating 1000lbs of bacon for the event.
BoneHead Brewery
Mableton, GA

Offline tumarkin

• Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 07:54:33 pm »
By now you all know my sick fascination with bacon. For a while now I've had the idea to make pig candy from 1Verticle. Well, Monday, I was doing some pork, for pulled pork on the grill. My rub has a very heavy brown sugar base, along with some cyane, cumin, salt, pepper, a few red pepper flakes for good measure, and maybe some other assorted goodies.
 When putting the pork on the grill, I layed strips of bacon over the top, so the fat could run over, and seep into the pork. By the time it was down, the brown sugar rub had carmelized, and stuck to the now perfectly cooked bacon. Gentlemen, I tell you in all honesty, it was THE BEST bacon of my life!!!
  Having the guys over for poker night on Friday. I'm making a bacon bomb, and you can bet pig candy is on the menu for dessert. Maybe even the maple bacon shakes that was also just pm'ed to me. I can imagine the straight brown sugar would be good on the bacon, but the addition of the cyane, and cumin really took it to the next level. you guys HAVE to try this!
Mark Tumarkin
Hogtown Brewers
Gainesville, FL