Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Beer vs. Wine Party  (Read 7900 times)

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
Re: Beer vs. Wine Party
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2011, 06:05:11 am »
So when are you having us over for dinner?

When can ya come?

Oh and bring Brasserie de la Seine. That stuff is great. Have you tried their "Brussels People's Ale?"
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline theoman

• Brewmaster
  • Outskirts of Brussels, Belgium
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2011, 11:52:29 am »

When can ya come?

Oh and bring Brasserie de la Seine. That stuff is great. Have you tried their "Brussels People's Ale?"

You mean Taras Boulba? Yeah, I have a nearly empty case of it in the garage. Great beer from a great brewer. All their beers are good.

Thanks for the invite. I'm sure we'll see you one of these days before too long, especially since my wife's brother lives in Paris as well. I'm just not so sure about the big meat in the smoker (hm, someone is going to have fun with that line), since, besides the occasional fish/seafood, I haven't eaten meat in around 16 years.

Offline elauren

• 1st Kit
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2011, 08:24:32 pm »
Be sure to cash in on the cheese.  I would almost do not care about getting the pairings right between the drinks as long as you have the right partner for your drinks.  I do not know the specifics but you should have the cheese that would go well with your wine.  If you are looking for the beer, try something with different tastes.  I like the ones with ginseng and some herbs of some sort.

Offline theoman

• Brewmaster
  • Outskirts of Brussels, Belgium
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2011, 01:43:19 pm »

I've been meaning to correct myself on this. Of course you meant Zinnebir. I knew that. And yeah, also damn good.

beveragebob

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2011, 02:49:39 am »
Perhaps a Kriek or Peche from Lindemans in Champagne flutes at the beginning to "break the ice"? SWMBO and I have hosted beer and food pairing dinners at our abode before and I've tried to pair the food with the beers that go from light to dark and it seemed to work against palate fatigue for ourselves and our guests. You'll have to work your own logistics with the food from that standpoint. Good Luck and have fun!

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2011, 03:27:05 am »

When can ya come?

You mean Taras Boulba? Yeah, I have a nearly empty case of it in the garage. Great beer from a great brewer. All their beers are good.

Thanks for the invite. I'm sure we'll see you one of these days before too long, especially since my wife's brother lives in Paris as well. I'm just not so sure about the big meat in the smoker (hm, someone is going to have fun with that line), since, besides the occasional fish/seafood, I haven't eaten meat in around 16 years.

That's alright, I can do smoked yams. Have you ever had smoked fufu? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fufu NOM NOM. http://norcalsmkr.blogspot.com/2010/11/smokey-caramelized-sweet-potatoes.html

I can also do grilled calamari if that's your thing. I love that stuff, with some peppers, onions, garlic, a bit of olive oil...
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!