Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Where is a Homebrew Supply Store Needed?  (Read 14922 times)

Offline pikelakehomebrew

• Cellarman
  • brewing in the north metro
    • Pike Lake Home Brew
Re: Where is a Homebrew Supply Store Needed?
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2012, 09:41:54 am »
My husband and I would love to open a homebrew supply store, but everyplace we think about opening one there is already one there. Does anyone have any insight on where there is a need?

My basement.  That'd be a good place to start.  ;D
pikelakehomebrew.com
On tap: Oktoberfest, Belgian Dubbel, Peach Blonde Ale, Surly Furious clone

Offline anje

• Assistant Brewer
  • Lafayette, IN
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2012, 11:15:37 am »
My husband and I would love to open a homebrew supply store, but everyplace we think about opening one there is already one there. Does anyone have any insight on where there is a need?

My basement.  That'd be a good place to start.  ;D
Yeah, I could use one in my town!  Nearest place is at least an hour and I don't care for their prices, so I bribe my hubby (with homebrew, of course) to pick stuff up in Cincinnati at Listermann and bring it to me.
<-- microbiologist brewster n00b.

Hops and toothpaste don't mix.

Offline tomsawyer

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2012, 12:00:10 pm »
To the OP, did you ever find a spot and open a store?  Its been a year now.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline wee-heavy

• 1st Kit
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2015, 06:22:20 pm »
Does anyone have anything they would like to add to this subject?  My friend and I are looking into a LHBS business and any current input would be quite welcome.

Online BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2015, 06:31:32 pm »
Huntsville AL has a backroom in a bottle shop in Madison with a small but comprehensive selection and a hippie chick running a health food joint with a cpl tables of dusty ingredients serving a metro population of 441,086. I understand the bottle shop with be opening a bigger store near the new brewery amphitheater location.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 06:37:37 pm by BrewBama »

Offline tommymorris

Where is a Homebrew Supply Store Needed?
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2015, 07:33:52 pm »
Huntsville AL has a backroom in a bottle shop in Madison with a small but comprehensive selection and a hippie chick running a health food joint with a cpl tables of dusty ingredients serving a metro population of 441,086. I understand the bottle shop with be opening a bigger store near the new brewery amphitheater location.
I agree Huntsville would be a great market, but, with the new LHBS coming to Campus No. 805,  I would hesitate to encourage anyone coming from out of town to open a LHBS.

http://www.campus805.com/

narvin

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2015, 07:02:35 am »
I agree Huntsville would be a great market, but, with the new LHBS coming to Campus No. 805,  I would hesitate to encourage anyone coming from out of town to open a LHBS.

Do they not take kindly to them down there?  ;)

Offline tommymorris

Where is a Homebrew Supply Store Needed?
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2015, 09:48:35 am »

Do they not take kindly to them down there?  ;)
We have a very friendly beer culture with what seems like lots of home brewers. Our LHBS options are limited right now. The current LHBS is the back of a bottle shop now. The owner is planning a new location for a much larger dedicated LHBS. I am just not sure there is room for two when any LHBS already competes with the Internet. Plus several of the pro brewers sell bulk grains.