Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Beer drinking and brewing music  (Read 109977 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Beer Drinking Music !
« Reply #135 on: March 06, 2010, 11:19:08 am »
I'm not a big Ted Nugent fan but I have to admit that is pretty freakin' funny.

I was a Nugent fan way back then, when "Journey to the Center of Your Mind" was a big hit.  After that, I could care less.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #136 on: March 06, 2010, 12:51:25 pm »

I was a Nugent fan way back then, when "Journey to the Center of Your Mind" was a big hit.  After that, I could care less.

Now how would Uncle Ted know about a "Journey to the Center of Your Mind" without EVER (according to him) touching alcohol or drugs? ;D As a teen into rock (and taking journeys to the center of my mind) in the 70's, Ted was cool. After that, ehh.
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline Hokerer

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Manassas, VA
« Reply #137 on: March 06, 2010, 03:06:59 pm »
I'm not a big Ted Nugent fan but I have to admit that is pretty freakin' funny.

Would you like him better if he played a Polka?
Joe

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #138 on: March 06, 2010, 05:11:37 pm »
Absolutely! Even the lamest polka song is better that "Cat Scratch Fever." Ted Nugent's just not my thing. No offense meant to his fans. Just my 02. Which is worth less than that.

brewboy

« Reply #139 on: March 07, 2010, 06:52:17 am »
I'd rather have my fingernails pulled out with a pair of pliers than to listen to polka. That's about as irritating as rap in my opinion.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 07:21:30 am by brewboy »

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #140 on: March 07, 2010, 08:30:38 pm »
I'll listen to Ted Nugent before I will let someone pull my fingernails out. But I'd rather do neither. Polka is not for everyone - it is the highest evolutionary form of music - and not every one has evolved that far.

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #141 on: March 07, 2010, 08:30:58 pm »
I'd rather have my fingernails pulled out with a pair of pliers than to listen to polka. That's about as irritating as rap in my opinion.

Polka music is good old country ,good time, partying beer drinkin' music. I have been to many family wedding's with Polka bands that rocked the house down. It's a part of my heritage so I guess I'm biased somewhat.

Have you ever listened to German music. More specifically the fest music. Oktoberfest is known as much for its traditional folk music as it is for its beer drinking. Popular and folk music, marches, and polkas make up the oompah music Germany is stereotypically famous for around the world. So I'm told. I want to go sometime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN6Jd3YSzyA&feature=related

Ron Price

brewboy

« Reply #142 on: March 07, 2010, 09:07:01 pm »
Polka is not for everyone - it is the highest evolutionary form of music - and not every one has evolved that far.  

As soon as I can quit dragging my knuckles on the ground, I'll give polka another try.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 09:11:04 pm by brewboy »

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #143 on: March 08, 2010, 05:18:53 am »
I guess it is the German heritage in me but I really do love Polka music. Wife and I go to a few really good local Oktoberfests in the area every year (and sometimes some out of the area) and drink good beer and dance. It's a lot of fun. There is some really vanilla polka out there that I can't stand to listen too (Jimmy Sturr, for instance - that's just painful) but traditional polka can be a lot of fun and very pleasant to listen too. Especially when you have been drinking.  ;)

Offline nicneufeld

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #144 on: March 08, 2010, 07:12:10 am »
While it certainly isn't what I'd call my favorite music full stop, I will agree that a stirring beer tent chorus of "Trink, Trink, Bruederlein Trink" will ease the tipping of 1.0L steins full of amber nectar as no other music will!

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #145 on: March 08, 2010, 07:35:41 am »
Polka is the original punk.

Oy! Oy! Oy!
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #146 on: March 08, 2010, 09:13:21 am »
I love polka music, along with klezmer!  2 under appreciated styles.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #147 on: March 14, 2010, 09:35:10 pm »
The Eagles are an American rock band formed in Los Angeles, California in 1971 by Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Bernie Leadon and Randy Meisner.

With five number one singles and six number one albums, the Eagles were one of the most successful recording artists of the 1970s.
The Eagles broke up in 1980, but reunited in 1994 for Hell Freezes Over, a mix of live and new studio tracks. Eagles released Long Road out of Eden, their first full studio album in 28 years. The next year they launched The Long Road out of Eden Tour in support of the album. The tour continued on into 2009, crossing North America and Europe, and will continue in 2010 with additional North American tour dates.

I love this band. Some of the greatest harmony you will find.

Take It Easy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPospvRqP_s

Lyin' Eyes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K8u4LB8Jv0

Hotel California
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sztUOdQqaw&feature=PlayList&p=C06FB5BDA58F08F3&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=45

Ron Price

Offline capozzoli

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Lat 40* 6 m. 2.24 s. Long -74* 51 m. 21.75 s.
    • Capozzoli Metalworks
« Reply #148 on: March 15, 2010, 10:22:00 pm »
Man, come on, I had a rough night and I hate the f@#ing Eagles, man.
Beer, its whats for dinner.

http://theholyravioli.blogspot.com/

http:// www.thecapo.us

Offline dbeechum

• Global Moderator
  • I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Pasadena, CA
    • Experimental Brewing
« Reply #149 on: March 15, 2010, 11:17:08 pm »
I pull over and kick your ass out, man!

Man, come on, I had a rough night and I hate the f@#ing Eagles, man.
Drew Beechum - Maltosefalcons.com
- Vote in the AHA GC Election! - http://bit.ly/1aV9GVd  -
-----
Burbling:
Gnome is in the Details
*Experimental Brewing - The Book*
Tap:
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Tupelo Mead
Farmhouse Brett Saison