Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: FINISH HIM!!!  (Read 6079 times)

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
Re: FINISH HIM!!!
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2011, 04:45:36 pm »
There is a verse in the bible that says "where there is no wood, the fire goes out" it's worked for me all my life. I've never had to swing so much as a punch. It takes two to fight. If one of the two ain't fighting, you don't have to much.
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2011, 04:55:06 pm »
There is a verse in the bible that says "where there is no wood, the fire goes out" it's worked for me all my life. I've never had to swing so much as a punch. It takes two to fight. If one of the two ain't fighting, you don't have to much.

I like that. That's become my general philosophy as well. Most of the time.
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline Tim McManus

• Assistant Brewer
    • Haskell Brewing Company
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2011, 06:07:39 pm »

I have to derail this thread.  I blame the homebrew (a few "wee heavies").  But I'm interpreting (as respectfully as I can) that quote a little differently than you are.... ;D

Just sayin'.
Tim McManus
Haskell, NJ

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2011, 06:43:37 pm »
Violence in any situation is unfortunate unless it is a means of self-defense because at that point it becomes a necessary evil.

I can't blame the big boy for what he did but I have to say that violence is not always an appropriate response. In the case of bullying there are options other than violence. Sometimes a good crack between the eyes is necessary but can also promote some retaliatory aggression. I think bullying should be handled on a case by case basis.
Ron Price

Offline oscarvan

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2011, 07:31:25 pm »
Is this all a metaphor for batch sparging vs fly sparging?  ???
Wooden Shoe Brew Works (not a commercial operation) Bethlehem, PA
http://www.woodenshoemusic.com/WSBW/WSBW_All_grain_Setup.html
I brew WITH style..... not necessarily TO style.....

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2011, 01:12:48 am »
Is this all a metaphor for batch sparging vs fly sparging?  ???

No, you see, the little guy was claiming that he got 115% efficiency!
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2011, 03:16:55 am »
Whenever somebody says something like "violence is the only answer" it reminds me of this music video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLJuMjXLm0c
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline nicneufeld

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2011, 09:22:14 am »

Just curious, I don't recall this...I'm not saying I'm a Bible scholar or anything but it seems like I would have latched onto that verse by now...got a chapter/verse for it?

It would be funny if you were remembering a quote from Star Trek or something!  LOL!

But the philosophy whatever the source is fantastic and has been my modus operandi pretty much all my life.  Violence can be a tool for the worst situations but when misapplied it makes a bad situation much worse.

EDIT:  Sorry weaze, shouldn't have doubted you...Prov 26:20: Where no wood is, [there] the fire goeth out: so where [there is] no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 09:23:49 am by nicneufeld »

Offline marty

• Cellarman
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2011, 01:29:27 pm »
What a horrible video.

Casey shouldn't have bodyslammed that kid! He should have bodyslammed that kid and then beat the hell out of the idiot with the video camera.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2011, 03:07:27 pm »
What a horrible video.

I have a hard time relating to anyone who would glamorize the beating on a 10 year old kid with a mortal combat theme, whether he be a bully or not.

jaybeerman

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2011, 04:20:34 pm »
I have a hard time relating to anyone who would glamorize the beating on a 10 year old kid with a mortal combat theme, whether he be a bully or not.

Now that this thread is 3 pages long (and I finally have read through the comments) I begrudgingly feel like getting involved.  I have to agree with majorvices (can't wrap my head around it even after thinking about the video for 3 days or so.)

I seriously hate bullying and I can imagine the frustration that Casey felt at that moment, but this move could have easily resulted in the paralyzing or death of the little jerk.  That tends to be hard on all involved.