Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Best place to get preservative-free apple juice near Seattle, WA?  (Read 2803 times)

Offline Beer Monger

• Brewer
  • ---Michael Dieterle--------- ---Seattle, WA
    • Beer Monger - Adventures In the Wonderful World of Beer.
Hi guys,

I don't have a press for making my own juice for cider - so I usually buy 5 gallons of apple juice to make my ciders.  I haven't made one in quite a while though and was wondering if anyone had a line on the best place near Seattle (Federal Way, WA) to get preservative-free apple juice? 

Thanks! 
Beer Monger's Blog
Follow my Beer Monger page on Facebook!

Drink responsibly and stay safe out there.

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
Re: Best place to get preservative-free apple juice near Seattle, WA?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 11:36:46 am »
I get my cider from Minea Farms, but there's supposed to be a better place on the peninsula or one of the islands, just a ferry ride away.  I haven't figured out where yet because the harvest is still some time off, but one of the local clubs organizes a buy and gets a juice blend intended for fermentation.

There are probably some farms closer to Federal Way, but I don't know about those, sorry.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline Beer Monger

• Brewer
  • ---Michael Dieterle--------- ---Seattle, WA
    • Beer Monger - Adventures In the Wonderful World of Beer.
Re: Best place to get preservative-free apple juice near Seattle, WA?
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 07:25:05 am »
Well, I don't have any farm friends at the moment, so I'll have to try Whole Foods or Trader Joes. 

Joes has preservative free apple cider (non-alc), but it's cloudy.  I've used it before and it works OK, but I'd like to make a clear cider this time. 

I've decided on a strawberry cider.  5 Gallons.  I'm thinking 3-4 lbs of strawberries in the seondary fermenter ought to do the trick.  :) 
Beer Monger's Blog
Follow my Beer Monger page on Facebook!

Drink responsibly and stay safe out there.