Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Don't post while drunk, Just a warning  (Read 5017 times)

Offline boulderbrewer

• Brewmaster
Don't post while drunk, Just a warning
« on: March 30, 2011, 10:03:36 pm »
I posted some derogatory comments about a friend, that I have known for over 5 years. It reflected badly on myself and the AHA. When you are drunk posting is not great idea. Please think before you hit the return button. Nothing good will happen from this, trust me.

You will be judged by what you have posted.

I know I will be judged, but don't let yourself be judged.

Drunk posting is a bad thing to do. Trust me.

Euge, thank you!

Signed the biggest ass on the planet.

Marc OBrien

Offline jamminbrew

• Brewmaster
  • theAntipunk
Re: Don't post while drunk, Just a warning
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 10:13:41 pm »
At least you're able to own up to it. Kudos to you for that.
In caelo cerivisiae nil, hic igitur bibimus.

ccarlson

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 10:13:50 pm »
Don't beat yourself up over it. Forgive and forget is my motto.

Offline boulderbrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 10:38:12 pm »
What I said was bad, even worse I relied on the Moderators to clean up my mess. I was an ass don't you be an ass and hope others will clean up for you. I owe all the moderators a thank you. Maybe they should have let what I posted through and used me as an example. This is why you should not post drunk. I have been forgiven, but I want everyone that is my place to think before you post.

Even if you post there are great men and women who will ask you if that is really what you want to post? I'm in awe of these poeple, thanks euge.

I want to than the Moderators, I promise I will NOT DO THIS AGAIN.

I"M SUPPRISED YOU WOULD WANT ME AROUND, I don't derserve it. I hope to be an asset not an ASS.

Offline boulderbrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 10:41:41 pm »
Contrition is one thing, but living it is another thing.

Godbless you all.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 10:58:29 pm »
Hey it's all good man. I knew it was a PUI gone bad. ::)

You're manning it up. Lot of people wouldn't. Won't.

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 11:31:55 pm »
Good for you for owning up to it.  I just hope you've straightened things out with your friend.

Now forgive yourself, because I'm sure the few of us who saw it already have.  No worries, really.  Really. :)
Tom Schmidlin

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 12:08:58 am »
Good for you for owning up to it.  I just hope you've straightened things out with your friend.

Now forgive yourself, because I'm sure the few of us who saw it already have.  No worries, really.  Really. :)

+1 
I saw it in real time and understood what it was.  No big ting bruddah.  Learn and move on.
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline pyrite

• Brewer
  • Davis, CA
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 01:08:16 am »
Must of been some good tasting strong beer you were sipping on.     
If you don't get in over your head, how are you ever going to know how tall you are.

beveragebob

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 02:07:18 am »
Forgive your friend and yourself and move on. We are all familiar with each other on this forum and feel a tight bond. It's unfortunately too easy sometimes for us to want to communicate our feelings especially when our judgment is impaired  along with reduced inhibitions. Sometimes it's tempting but, there are ways around it. If you are imbibing while on a forum and you feel yourself getting a little more than tipsy, log off and set the log in timer for say 15 or 20 minutes and forget about it. Or you can shut down your pc, unplug or whatever, the time it takes to startup, log on etc and you think you want to say something online it'll give you time to cool down and think about it. Instead, try grabbing a beer related book or magazine and focus on another subject or go out to your brewery and clean that keg, kettle, bottles or anything else that you've been putting off. HTH's .
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 02:12:42 am by beveragebob »

Offline tumarkin

• Brewmaster
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 04:53:35 am »
+1 to what all have said, it's ok..... forgive him and yourself, and recognize the learning & blessings in taking it on as you have.

we all overindulge occasionally, forgetting how powerful alcohol can be. it's been noted on this forum many times what a great group of folks homebrewers are. it never ceases to amaze me that despite the many people drinking much alcohol at our NHC gatherings (and homebrew club meetings, competitions, events, etc) there are almost zero 'drunk' incidents. homebrewers seem to be happy drunks rather than combative or violent ones. this is good  :)
Mark Tumarkin
Hogtown Brewers
Gainesville, FL

Offline jeffy

• Tampa, Fl
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 05:10:07 am »

+1 
I saw it in real time and understood what it was.  No big ting bruddah.  Learn and move on.
I wondered what that was about at the time.
Good to see you are back.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 06:00:10 am »
 So glad you're back man! Thought you jumped ship. No hrm no foul. We've all done things we wish we hadn't. I think most of us here know each other well enough not to let one incident get in the way of a good friendship. Takes a hell of a man to fess up like you did. Knuckles to you for that, my brother.  8)
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline beersk

• In the night!
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 08:18:28 am »
Must of been some good tasting strong beer you were sipping on.     
Marc brews fantastic beer.  Tangerine Dream!

Fahgettaboutit, Marc!  We love you man!
Jesse

Offline gordonstrong

• Senior Brewmaster
    • BJCP
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 08:28:15 am »

+1

Anyone who hasn't done something they regret while drinking just isn't remembering.  It all depends on how you deal with it afterwards.  Man up, fix it, get over it, don't make the same mistake twice.  Any fair person will give you a pass once if they see that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0DAq45Juog
Gordon Strong • Beavercreek, Ohio • AHA Member since 1997 • Twitter: GordonStrong