Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Best material to build potable water hose?  (Read 13476 times)

Offline Beer Monger

• Brewer
  • ---Michael Dieterle--------- ---Seattle, WA
    • Beer Monger - Adventures In the Wonderful World of Beer.
Re: Best material to build potable water hose?
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2011, 08:50:06 am »
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100175856/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053
This is the one I picked up at Home Depot for $13.00.  I'll give it a taste this weekend and report back.  If this doesn't work out I'll build my own.

Thanks.  I'll be interested to read what you think...

I finally had a chance to test out this hose for off flavors this weekend. I flushed with hot water then cold, poured a tall glass and thought it tasted fine. Assistant agrees so it shall remain in the inventory.

OK.  Thanks for the report.  I'll have to get 2, since I need 50', but at least they're cheap. 
Beer Monger's Blog
Follow my Beer Monger page on Facebook!

Drink responsibly and stay safe out there.

Offline Pinski

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Portland, Oregon
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2011, 04:55:33 pm »
Yeah, and the other thing I noticed about this hose was that it was really easy to "work" with. I picked up a $10, 50' made of another material for the discharge line and what a pain in the keister this thing was to coil.  I'll be picking up another one of the RV/boat potable 25' for $12. 
Steve Carper
Green Dragon Brewers
Clubs: Oregon Brew Crew & Strange Brew
BJCP Certified

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2011, 06:03:17 pm »
I just now caught this thread.

Tubercle uses a 20 year old hose pipe with no smell or taste. It must be all flushed out by now.

And "hose pipe" is not a typo. In S.C. the term "garden hose" is used as a Yankee detector. Just like folks that cook on a "barbeque" instead of a grill.

Lesson in southern dialect over.

Sweet Caroline where the Sun rises over the deep blue sea and sets somewhere beyond Tennessee