Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Thanks Everyone  (Read 2178 times)

Offline gmac

• Brewmaster General
  • London, Ontario
Thanks Everyone
« on: March 31, 2011, 06:48:10 pm »
I mentioned this in another post but it's sort of buried so I wanted to thank everyone who gave me advice on my first all-grain.  I tried it out last night with some friends and I have to say that I think it's pretty good.  Sure, there's lots of room for improvement but I'm sure that will come with experience. 

In particular I want to thank Denny for all his advice on batch sparging, Tschmidlin for his advice on starters and Euge for his real-time PM advice when things weren't going perfectly.  But also I wanted to thank all of you who weighed in with advice and encouragement. 

Thanks again.
ps.  This beer is a little sneaky.  Goes down very smooth but it certainly crept up on us last night.  Three guys went to work today with headaches.  Must be the water I used...

Offline CASK1

• Cellarman
  • Jacksonville, FL
Re: Thanks Everyone
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 06:51:41 pm »
Congrats, and keep on brewing!

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 07:15:56 pm »
Your welcome and welcome to the obsession.  8)
Ron Price

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 07:23:15 pm »
Congrats, Graham!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 08:01:25 pm »
 ;D

You're most welcome! That's what we're here for!
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline speed

• Brewer
  • Thedford nebraska
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 09:03:14 pm »
I mentioned this in another post but it's sort of buried so I wanted to thank everyone who gave me advice on my first all-grain.  I tried it out last night with some friends and I have to say that I think it's pretty good.  Sure, there's lots of room for improvement but I'm sure that will come with experience. 

In particular I want to thank Denny for all his advice on batch sparging, Tschmidlin for his advice on starters and Euge for his real-time PM advice when things weren't going perfectly.  But also I wanted to thank all of you who weighed in with advice and encouragement. 

Thanks again.
ps.  This beer is a little sneaky.  Goes down very smooth but it certainly crept up on us last night.  Three guys went to work today with headaches.  Must be the water I used...

yea i'm sure it was the water ;D

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 09:26:21 pm »
Glad it turned out well :)

Definitely the water, it probably had too much alcohol in it ;) ;D
Tom Schmidlin

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 09:34:00 pm »
  Sure, there's lots of room for improvement .....

That's the great advantage of all grain. Take it to where you want it to go.

And yeah, I've noticed my water gets a little sneaky at times.
Sweet Caroline where the Sun rises over the deep blue sea and sets somewhere beyond Tennessee