Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: NHC First Round Results  (Read 20286 times)

Offline tesgüino

• Assistant Brewer
NHC First Round Results
« on: April 04, 2011, 06:46:12 am »
Waiting for score sheets is expected, but will there be an on-line source for finding the first three advancing entries from each category? Perhaps something from each location posted as soon as the results are known. Anyone have the web addresses for individual sites or a central location?

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
Re: NHC First Round Results
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 06:59:02 am »
Janis Gross will have the best reply.

The 9 US regions and Canada will submit their results to the AHA, and those will be double checked.  The final results will be posted.  You will be notified, and I am sure there will be a post on this forum that results are up.

Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 07:14:08 am »
I think it depends on the region.  A couple years ago, I heard the Nor Cal region sent the scoresheets out the same or next day, but they were extremely organized.

If history is an indicator, the AHA will wait until all regions are completed and entered into the database before posting results.

You could send an email to the region organizer I suppose.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 07:21:01 am »
Some regions get the results in the hands of the entrants quickly some do not.  If it comes in the mail first, that is good.

As I said Janis will post the best reply.

Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild

Offline Janis

• AHA Project Coordinator/NHC Director
  • Brewer
  • Which came first, the pelican or the beer?
    • American Homebrewers Association
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 07:49:39 am »
Waiting for score sheets is expected, but will there be an on-line source for finding the first three advancing entries from each category? Perhaps something from each location posted as soon as the results are known. Anyone have the web addresses for individual sites or a central location?
Hi Tesquino,

You will get results from the competition two ways: on the web site http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/pages/competitions/national-homebrew-competition/winners and through the mail.  The first two NHC competitions took place this weekend; one finished and the other needs more time.  The 9 competitions in the U.S. must be completed by April 25th.  The ALES Home Brew Open competition tales place April 11-16.  All competitions must return their databases to me for processing before any results will be posted on the web site.

Each competition's site director will send out score sheet results within one to two weeks of the completion of their competition.  If your competition started and finished early in the April 1-25 time frame, you may get your results by mail sooner than later.  The web results will be posted by the first week of May at the latest.

If you have an entry that placed 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in the First Round competition, you will be notified by mail from the AHA about how to submit your entries to the Final Round.  That mailing will go out around the second week of May.  The Final Round entry due date can be found on the main NHC web page, and you will need 3 bottles.  The AHA will send the bottle labels to use for the Final Round.

If you have further questions about the NHC you can e-mail me directly at janis@brewersassociation.org.

Good luck in the competition!

Cheers,
    Janis
Janis Gross
National Homebrew Competition Director
AHA Project Coordinator
janis@brewersassociation.org

Offline Janis

• AHA Project Coordinator/NHC Director
  • Brewer
  • Which came first, the pelican or the beer?
    • American Homebrewers Association
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 07:50:47 am »
Some regions get the results in the hands of the entrants quickly some do not.  If it comes in the mail first, that is good.

As I said Janis will post the best reply.

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Cheers,
   Janis
Janis Gross
National Homebrew Competition Director
AHA Project Coordinator
janis@brewersassociation.org

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 07:56:00 am »
See, you did post the best reply.  Everything one needs to know.  Thanks!
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild

Offline tesgüino

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 07:59:04 am »
Janis

From patience stand point, it would be nice to get results as they became available, but for fairness, releasing them all at the same time makes more sense.

Thanks for the clarification.

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 10:14:27 pm »
If you entered in the NW (Seattle) then your score sheets went out this morning.

I can't take any credit for it at all, I didn't organize it or even get to judge.  I'm just passing along the info.  The organization and fast turn around credit goes to Tim Hayner and Peter Twigg, along with some others most likely.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline james

• Brewer
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 02:35:55 pm »
If you entered in the NW (Seattle) then your score sheets went out this morning.

I can't take any credit for it at all, I didn't organize it or even get to judge.  I'm just passing along the info.  The organization and fast turn around credit goes to Tim Hayner and Peter Twigg, along with some others most likely.

They did an excellent job as always, kudos to Tim, Steve, Dan, Sean, Peter, WAHA, and all the other judges/stewards that helped out.  My scoresheets came today, so anyone else that entered in the NW region should be getting theirs very soon.

Offline Beer Monger

• Brewer
  • ---Michael Dieterle--------- ---Seattle, WA
    • Beer Monger - Adventures In the Wonderful World of Beer.
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 02:38:18 pm »

They did an excellent job as always, kudos to Tim, Steve, Dan, Sean, Peter, WAHA, and all the other judges/stewards that helped out.  My scoresheets came today, so anyone else that entered in the NW region should be getting theirs very soon.

Agreed.  Everyone involved was great.  It was a great first judging experience for me.  Good luck to those who entered!  :) 
Beer Monger's Blog
Follow my Beer Monger page on Facebook!

Drink responsibly and stay safe out there.

Offline gordonstrong

• Senior Brewmaster
    • BJCP
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 02:45:53 pm »
They also filed their organizer's report with the BJCP already, so judges have their points.  Always like to see the sheets and reports done quickly after a competition.  It's a good sign.
Gordon Strong • Beavercreek, Ohio • AHA Member since 1997 • Twitter: GordonStrong

Offline ryan6458

• Cellarman
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2011, 10:15:06 pm »
Got my scoresheets today. That was fast! :o True pros at the NHC! I couldn't quite break the 40 point barrier. It's a PITA. LOL!

Offline jeffy

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Tampa, Fl
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 05:36:59 am »
Got my scoresheets today. That was fast! :o True pros at the NHC! I couldn't quite break the 40 point barrier. It's a PITA. LOL!
Actually, that would be "True pros at the regional organizers" where you entered.  And yes, that is fast.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline ryan6458

• Cellarman
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 07:39:24 am »
Actually, that would be "True pros at the regional organizers" where you entered.  And yes, that is fast.

Uhmm...Ok. Thank you Seattle region!