Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Seattle area September/October 2011  (Read 2790 times)

Offline zymurgeron

• 1st Kit
Seattle area September/October 2011
« on: March 30, 2011, 07:12:41 pm »
Are there any "can't miss" events or locales in the Seattle area around September or October? Thanks in advance!

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
Re: Seattle area September/October 2011
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 11:44:19 pm »
There tends to be a lot going on here all of the time, although I think you'll miss all of the big festivals.  It's too far out for me to remember :)  I think there's a beer cruise to Alaska in that time frame.  Where will you be staying and for how long?

This blog is usually a good source of information.
http://www.washingtonbeerblog.com/
Tom Schmidlin

Offline zymurgeron

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 05:45:24 am »
We're going to be in Portland for 3 days and Seattle for 3 days with some adventures in between for an indeterminant amount of time at this point (probably 2 days in Zillah at Cherry Wood and 2 days out on Chito Beach).

Offline gordonstrong

• Senior Brewmaster
    • BJCP
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 08:51:23 am »
Eat Dungeness crab and salmon.  Go to Ray's Boathouse in Seattle.  See Pike's Market, just to say you saw it.  Stop in just about any place that makes their own beer.  It's a target-rich environment.
Gordon Strong • Beavercreek, Ohio • AHA Member since 1997 • Twitter: GordonStrong

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 08:53:32 am »
If you're here around Labor Day, Hop Madness is being held at the Rogue hop farm in Independence over Labor Day weekend.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline ibru

• Assistant Brewer
  • Brew Day is My Day!
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 02:42:48 pm »
I live just outside Zillah. Cherry Wood is a neat place, nice people. That will be a good time to be there as it won't be near so hot. Lot's of wineries close. 

Fresh Hop Ale Festival in Yakima is October 1st. Lot's of great beer. Google it for more info.

Hop Museum in Toppenish (just accross the river from Zillah) is good for a few minutes while you are close.

Offline zymurgeron

• 1st Kit
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 06:52:47 pm »
Is the Fresh Hop Festival happening? We thought about going but can't purchase tickets yet and no one returned our calls when asking for information

Offline ibru

• Assistant Brewer
  • Brew Day is My Day!
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 05:48:46 pm »
I think it still on. It's an all volunteer so maybe they aren't geared up yet. I'll do some checking and get back to you.

Offline ibru

• Assistant Brewer
  • Brew Day is My Day!
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 10:56:32 am »
Just got an email from Ralph Olson (HopUnion) saying the Fresh Hop Ale Festival is a go. Different people running it. Hopefully they will get back to you.

Bruce