Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Epsilon Breach  (Read 1257 times)

Offline stevo155

• 1st Kit
Epsilon Breach
« on: April 05, 2011, 12:39:56 pm »
I'm sure a bunch of you have already heard of this or have received the emails from chase, Tivo, Target, etc but just in case you haven't:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2383085,00.asp

I had one person at work get a spam from "Chase" already.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Epsilon Breach
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 12:47:57 pm »
I got an email from 1800flowers since I'd used them in the past and they used Epsilon.  They said only email addys were affected.  I'm not too worried if that's all it is.  I know better than to respond to fake bank emails, and the email addy they stole was already scheduled to be shut down in a couple weeks anyway.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline SiameseMoose

• Assistant Brewer
  • Cincinnati, OH
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 01:21:32 pm »
If it is truly only names and emails, as they claim, I'm not too worried. But they got my bank, investment advisor, two credit cards, and a handful of merchants. I'm concerned about them putting stuff together and making it easier to find more.

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 10:57:47 pm »
Ms. Tubercle got a notice that her debit card had been breached and canceled. A new one with a different account # was issued. The credit union was all over this.

No unauthorized withdrawal due to their diligence.
Sweet Caroline where the Sun rises over the deep blue sea and sets somewhere beyond Tennessee