Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: NFL 2011 - 2012?  (Read 1154 times)

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
NFL 2011 - 2012?
« on: April 05, 2011, 10:53:52 am »
In the interest of rescuing the Baseball Season thread from the NFL:

I hope all those greedy F---s in the NFL don't ruin it for us fans.  Maybe we should form a fans' union and strke the NFL.

That's a whole other thread. My ONLY two weeks in the US are planned around football season so I can take the little guy to a Bears game (oh, and so we can see family...) but if there's no Bears... Could you imagine? Fall would just be a period of everything dying or going to hibernate in preparation for winter. There would be nothing to do on Sundays except whatever the wife tells you to do. Surely this calls for an act of congress or something.

My son was born 9/9/99.  On 9/13/99 we watched the Dolphins beat the Broncos at Mile High Stadium (on TV) together.  That was a GREAT day!

I hope there is a NFL season for you to watch with your son this year Phil.
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
Re: NFL 2011 - 2012?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 11:30:45 am »
I hope there is a NFL season for you to watch with your son this year Phil.

Me too.

...but I hear it's not looking too good. That would be a bad thing.  :(
Ron Price

Offline dano14041

• Brewer
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 12:52:52 pm »
IIRC Baseball did something similar in the early 80's and a season was missed, or late starting? It was too long ago for me to remember, but it turned out to be a very bad thing for the players and baseball in general.

Maybe Keanu Reeves can lead a football team of misfit scabs to the playoff.....  8)
Tulsa, OK

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 12:59:29 pm »
IIRC Baseball did something similar in the early 80's and a season was missed, or late starting? It was too long ago for me to remember, but it turned out to be a very bad thing for the players and baseball in general.

Maybe Keanu Reeves can lead a football team of misfit scabs to the playoff.....  8)

1994-1995 as well.  MLB didn't really recover from that until 1998 when Mcguire, Sosa, and Griffey were chasing the homerun record.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------