Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Getting ready to grill/smoke  (Read 5736 times)

Offline Robert

• Assistant Brewer
  • Arlington, TX
Re: Getting ready to grill/smoke
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2009, 12:55:09 pm »

Pork butt from about two weeks ago. Have another in the freezer just begging to be cooked soon. Love pulled pork!
"In three things is a man revealed: in his wine goblet, in his purse, and in his wrath."

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2009, 02:12:52 pm »
Man, pulled pork is one of my FAVES!  I don't get to eat it as much as I'd like, so if you have any leftovers, Robert.....;)
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline nicneufeld

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2009, 02:29:23 pm »
All looks great!  I've got two slabs of beef back ribs and some ABTs (cheese stuffed jalapenos wrapped in bacon) slated for next Saturday...Army Navy game will be on.  We'll see if the cadets can even get on the board this year!  :D  Beef ribs are a rare thing for me, but as long as they get tender I do like the flavor as a change of pace.

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2009, 02:29:57 pm »
Now that is a beauty!

+!  one of my favorites as well.  8)
Ron Price

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2009, 10:28:40 am »
Man, pulled pork is one of my FAVES!  I don't get to eat it as much as I'd like, so if you have any leftovers, Robert.....;)

Only if it's from happy pigs, I'm sure. Otherwise here's what you're getting. http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/12840743/porks_dirty_secret_the_nations_top_hog_producer_is_also_one_of_americas_worst_polluters
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline karlh

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2009, 02:18:30 pm »

Only if it's from happy pigs, I'm sure. Otherwise here's what you're getting. http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/12840743/porks_dirty_secret_the_nations_top_hog_producer_is_also_one_of_americas_worst_polluters

Thats enough to lose my appetite for pulled pork...
Karl
Mundelein, IL  USA

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2009, 04:05:15 pm »
Nothing wrong with it; just use local, humanely and sustainably farmed animals.  :)
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member