Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Exams  (Read 3683 times)

Offline skyler

• Brewmaster
  • Hmm. Human music. I like it.
Exams
« on: December 10, 2009, 04:54:39 pm »
Is anyone else suffering through final exams this time of year? What exams do you have? I am in my third and final year of law school, and I have Federal Income Tax I tonight and Estate and Gift Tax tomorrow evening. Tax law, really? Have I become that boring?

Also, does anyone want to hire an inexperienced tax attorney in about a year?

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
Re: Exams
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 06:18:07 pm »
What are these exams you speak of?

Retirement agrees with me. 
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 07:32:07 pm »
Corporate finance in class final exam next weekend and we'll also get to pick up the take home final (well, download it from the web) for Operations Management.  Since the corp fin exam is on Saturday I will probably start studying on Thursday night in accordance with my just-in-time homework/studying methodology.
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline glitterbug

• Assistant Brewer
  • dallas, tx
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 09:55:08 am »
I finished all my exams for this semester. I am really looking forward to the break. I will be happy when I get my degree but since I only attend part time it may be another 5 years before I graduate. I wish I would have taken the 4 year plan when I was 18  :'(

A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire

Offline tomthebrewer

• Cellarman
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 10:22:20 am »
I'm not taking any, but I'm giving some next week. Grading them is a LOT easier than taking them.
618 Country - Southern Illinois

Offline dimik

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 10:25:08 am »
Well, I got a physics exam at 8 am on wednesday, and multivariable calculus at 6 pm on that same day... gonna be brutal. Then there are other exams. Can't wait to graduate, but it looks like retards at my previous college couldn't send my transcripts for three months over to where I'm transferring to, so I may even lose a whole darn semester. In any case, I should be able to get me double degree in about three years :) yaaay! And then it's on to continue my education.
Check out BKYeast for my yeast ranching adventures and home lab!

Primary: Braggot, Petite Saison, Porter, Herbal IPA

On Tap: RyeIPA

Offline narcout

• Brewmaster General
  • Los Angeles, CA
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 11:59:17 am »
Is anyone else suffering through final exams this time of year? What exams do you have? I am in my third and final year of law school, and I have Federal Income Tax I tonight and Estate and Gift Tax tomorrow evening. Tax law, really? Have I become that boring?

Just wait until it's time to start studying for the bar exam. I took New York in 2006 and California in 2008, it is brutal.
Sometimes you just can't get enough - JAMC

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 12:11:52 pm »
I've got potions, transfiguration, herbology, and Defense Against the Dark Arts.  Currently reading the Harry Potter series to my son, and I have a hard time distinguishing between fantasy and reality.  :)

Good luck on your exams.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline darkerpower

• Cellarman
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 01:32:47 pm »
gave a 30 minute presentation on yeast-yeast, yeast-bacteria and yeast-fungi interactions in fermented foods and beverages yesterday.  English lit exam tuesday, cell bio/animal physio back to back on wed, microbial ecology essay final/physiological psychology Thursday, drinking lots of home brew Thursday night because i'll be done with my degree  ;D.
"yesterday I was so desperate for a beer that I snuck into the football stadium and ate the dirt under the bleachers"- Homer Simpson.

Offline glitterbug

• Assistant Brewer
  • dallas, tx
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 02:29:52 pm »
gave a 30 minute presentation on yeast-yeast, yeast-bacteria and yeast-fungi interactions in fermented foods and beverages yesterday.  English lit exam tuesday, cell bio/animal physio back to back on wed, microbial ecology essay final/physiological psychology Thursday, drinking lots of home brew Thursday night because i'll be done with my degree  ;D.

Congrats

A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire

Offline Pawtucket Patriot

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Rebelling against cheap swill since 2005
    • Bauhaus Brew Labs
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2009, 06:22:57 pm »
I'm so glad I never have to think about finals again.  I completed my J.D. last May and passed the MN bar over the summer.  No more school...ever.

Incidentally, I was one of the weirdos who was hoping for a tax question on the bar.   ???
Matt Schwandt | Minneapolis, MN
AHA Member

Partial-Mash Pictorial
All-Grain Pictorial

Offline bo_gator

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2009, 02:23:49 pm »
I'm so glad I never have to think about finals again.  I completed my J.D. last May and passed the MN bar over the summer.  No more school...ever.

Incidentally, I was one of the weirdos who was hoping for a tax question on the bar.   ???

I have a tax accounting final on Friday morning. just think you lawyer guys can at least give tax advice. I am much more worried about the cost accounting final on Thursday.
All views expressed in the above post are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of any other member of the AHA, BJCP, or home brew community at large.   

Home Brew’s curmudgeon at large

Offline darkerpower

• Cellarman
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2009, 08:23:41 pm »

Congrats

thanks glitterbug.  nice avatar
"yesterday I was so desperate for a beer that I snuck into the football stadium and ate the dirt under the bleachers"- Homer Simpson.