Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Burners  (Read 1465 times)

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
Burners
« on: May 02, 2011, 05:55:14 pm »
 Looking at new burners. So far, I've been using the 55k turkey fryer burners. But, since I'm builing a new brew house, I'm going to upgrade. What it you guys opinion, the banjo burner from NB, or the jet burner? My largest boil volume is typically between 13 and 14 gallons.  Brewery will be manual for now, but in the future I may want to add a little automation. Thoughts? Oh,, and I burn propane.

http://www.amazon.com/Thunder-Group-Inc-IRBR003CL-Propane/dp/B0042QJNM4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1304380306&sr=8-4

http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewing/brewing-equipment/burners/cast-iron-banjo-burner-burner-only.html
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
Re: Burners
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 06:02:01 pm »
I have three of the banjo burners KAB4 on my brewstand and like the performance I get from them. The main consideration for me was their heating capacity. I wanted something that packs a big punch to help me get through the brewday. They have one of the highest heating capacities of any burner out there.
Ron Price

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 06:07:31 pm »
That was sort of the direction I was leaning. I like the cheapness of the jet, but really want to get the wort boiling. But, then again, the jets just look so cool!  ;D
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline tonyp

• Brewmaster
  • If it ain't broke you aren't trying hard enough...
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 07:26:50 pm »
another +1 for the KAB4, it halved my boil-time.
Live from the Jersey Shore!

Phrases for Creatives, #22:
"I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter."