Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Complements  (Read 6400 times)

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Complements
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2011, 10:38:22 am »
Congrats on the great beer.  I have a similar story:

Last week, my Irish Red was being served, and a few friends were over enjoying such.  Then, on Saturday, we went to a new brewery that just opened a tasting room.  They had an Irish Red on tap.  More than one person said:  "hey, this tastes just like yours"

I'll take that compliment.

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2011, 12:38:06 pm »
Congrats! Feels reat, don't it?

I really seemd to have impressed the Idaho crowd here. It's just a simple wheat beer, but they are going nuts over it. One of my buddies has offered on several occasions now to pay me for it. One dude, an older guy who loves good beer and scotch said "wow, this is better than the hefe they have on tap at the Sandpiper (a very nice resturant / bar in town. and granted, that beer is just Henry Weinharts) Another dude asked if he could pay me to make all the beer for his summer camping trip. And I love how guys just show up at the house now for a pint, or four. It's an awesome feeling!!
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline scooter2374

• Cellarman
  • Highlands, NJ
    • Scotty's Homebrew blog
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2011, 03:23:48 pm »
I love hearing about my beers, unfortunately I have only dished them out to family and close friends and I'm having a hard time figuring out if they are actual fans of the brew or just being nice. I like the beers I have made, and I guess that's the most important opinion  ;D
AHA member since '10

ccarlson

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2011, 03:42:26 pm »
I like the beers I have made, and I guess that's the most important opinion.

It's my most important opinion. I couldn't care less if judges, friends, family, etc. don't like my beer. If I like it, then it's good.

Offline Will's Swill

• Brewer
  • Secretly likes wine...
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2011, 05:34:19 pm »
My best compliment came from my father-in-law.  He's a retired brewmaster.  Every Christmas I send him a box of assorted homebrews I've made, and he sends me back tasting notes like he used to do when he worked quality control.  This year he got two hoppy Belgian browns (long story there...).  His notes say, "If I had to make a choice & a gun is held to my head I'd select the Slut or the Abbey with the intention you do not brew or package or try to market either of these products.  If you do - pull the trigger."

Why is that a compliment?  He brewed for Champail and Piels.  ;)
Is that a counter-pressure bottle filler in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?