Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: A Game of Thrones  (Read 4618 times)

Offline madscientist

• Brewer
Re: A Game of Thrones
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 10:02:29 pm »
Was going to bed but saw this and had to comment.  A song of ice and fire is one of my favorite series.  I'm expecting big things in a Dance with Dragons which is finally being released in July.  Anyway, I finally got the chance to watch this tonight and I was impressed.  I thought they did a good job in translating from the book to the screen.  While they may never be able to capture EVERYTHING the book did, it's really cool to see it come to life.  George Martin has even said it will be a little different.  Since he is one of the executive producers I don't think they'll skip out on any of the really good stuff.  In my opinion, they have a great cast.  Sean Bean is a great actor, and they have a few well knowns, but I think the newcomers and the not-so-household names will steal the show.  Definitely looking forward to the rest of the series.  And oh yea, lots of boobage. 
Homebrewed since 2010

Offline pfooti

• Cellarman
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2011, 11:27:34 pm »
Good news everybody, Game of Thrones has already been renewed for a second season. Whee.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2011, 11:44:23 pm »
Good news everybody, Game of Thrones has already been renewed for a second season. Whee.

Good. It's a fleshy long complicated story. I hope they do it justice. My friend agreed that it was easier to follow since he had read the books already. He also said so far they've followed the story faithfully.

Unfortunately the free HBO shut off... :'(
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2011, 01:36:38 am »
Treme second season starts this weekend!  Woo Hoo!  Guess I'll have to subscribe to HBO for a couple of months.

Living here I don't get to visit NOLA as much as I'd like.  Treme makes me homesick sometimes, but that's OK.
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline Pawtucket Patriot

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Rebelling against cheap swill since 2005
    • Bauhaus Brew Labs
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2011, 09:50:31 pm »
I watched the pilot episode and decided I had better read the series first (incidentally, I thought the pilot episode was great).  I'm about 2/3 of the way through the first book and I can't put it down.  I'm hoping the books are consistently as good as GOT because I think it's probably the best fantasy book I've read other than LOTR.  The characters are really well drawn and the story is very intriguing.
Matt Schwandt | Minneapolis, MN
AHA Member

Partial-Mash Pictorial
All-Grain Pictorial

Offline narcout

• Brewmaster General
  • Los Angeles, CA
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2011, 09:35:56 pm »
I'm hoping the books are consistently as good as GOT because I think it's probably the best fantasy book I've read other than LOTR.

I don't think you are going to be disappointed.
Sometimes you just can't get enough - JAMC

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2011, 09:42:41 pm »
Which is why I don't blindly listen to all critics.

That's wher eyou and I differ. i'll pretty much blindly follow any one. Heck, that'sd pretty much the main reason I batch sparge.  ;D
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.