Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: New Guy Here Saying Hi  (Read 3572 times)

Offline kalumx

• 1st Kit
New Guy Here Saying Hi
« on: April 21, 2011, 09:50:18 am »
Hey everybody.

I am new to the AHA and am getting ready to brew for my first time. I look forward to meeting everybody, and learning from everyone. My user name is kalumx (my newborn sons name is Kalum Xavier) My real name is Jeramy. I have been looking to get into brewing my own beer for a very long time, and I finally took the plunge and ordered a starter kit. I will let everyone know how it turns out. Feel free to ask me anything, I'm always in the mood to chat a little bit. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

Happy Brewing

Jeramy Knickerbocker

Offline jeffy

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Tampa, Fl
Re: New Guy Here Saying Hi
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 09:57:13 am »
Howdy Jeramy!
Where in the world are you?
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 09:59:35 am »
Welcome to the board Jeramy. Word to the wise - When Cap says he's doing something that seems outlandish, chances are it's true. And Barry really doesn't wear pants.

We're all mad here.

-Nate
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 10:01:23 am »
Howdy Jeramy!
Where in the world are you?

My guess is NY  :D

Jeramy Knickerbocker

Welcome!!
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline weithman5

• Senior Brewmaster
  • naperville, il
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 10:03:30 am »
welcome jeremey
we have fun
and we know a bit about brewing (well everybody else does)
wait.
kalum xavier knickerbocker?  that is sweet. as long as his penmanship is good when he uses his initials ::)
Don AHA member

Offline Beer Monger

• Brewer
  • ---Michael Dieterle--------- ---Seattle, WA
    • Beer Monger - Adventures In the Wonderful World of Beer.
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 10:11:33 am »
Welcome!  Tell us a bit more about yourself and where you're at with your brewing.  :) 
Beer Monger's Blog
Follow my Beer Monger page on Facebook!

Drink responsibly and stay safe out there.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 10:12:28 am »
Hi Jeramy!  Welcome to the AHA and the forum.  I warn you against any advice from gray haired old hippie dudes!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 10:25:49 am »
Welcome! Xavier is an awesome name! It's not my real name at all but I have used it as a pen name/forum name for years now. Good luck with your first brew and remember if it doesn't turn out just right it's just a place to start.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline kalumx

• 1st Kit
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 10:28:18 am »
Alright, a little about Me.

I'm from Brighton, Michigan, but I have lived in a few different parts of the country. Colorado, Arizona, Chicago, and of course Michigan. I have a beautiful daughter named Justice (10) my new son Kalum, and a step son Kyler(5). When it comes to brewing I know pretty much nothing. I am a huge fan of micro beers, and I always drink the beer from my local brewery. Which in Michigan there are plenty to choose from. Later this week I plan on setting up my little home brewing operation and going at it. I do realize it will take a long time to get everything down, but I love learning new things. Oh lets see, what else? I work for Brighton Ford in sales. I love my job and I hate the hours. My dad is a Ford retiree and it is a company I believe in. I am engaged to Angela and we are getting married in July ;D I am also a full time student and I'm 9 weeks away from getting my associates degree in Business. Another two years and I will have a bachelors degree in Finance. I think that about covers Me. Any questions?

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 10:29:24 am »
Welcome to the forum! We are chatty too...

No questions except what do you want to brew?
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 10:40:00 am »

I'm from Brighton, Michigan, but I have lived in a few different parts of the country. Colorado, Arizona, Chicago, and of course Michigan. I have a beautiful daughter named Justice (10) my new son Kalum, and a step son Kyler(5). When it comes to brewing I know pretty much nothing. I am a huge fan of micro beers, and I always drink the beer from my local brewery. Which in Michigan there are plenty to choose from. Later this week I plan on setting up my little home brewing operation and going at it. I do realize it will take a long time to get everything down, but I love learning new things. Oh lets see, what else? I work for Brighton Ford in sales. I love my job and I hate the hours. My dad is a Ford retiree and it is a company I believe in. I am engaged to Angela and we are getting married in July ;D I am also a full time student and I'm 9 weeks away from getting my associates degree in Business. Another two years and I will have a bachelors degree in Finance. I think that about covers Me. Any questions?

Internet dept. by any chance? I'm in the leads business, on the software engineering end.
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 10:57:43 am »
Welcome to the AHA Forum Jeramy.

Don't hesitate to ask as many questions as you wish.
Ron Price

Offline kalumx

• 1st Kit
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2011, 12:45:38 pm »

Internet dept. by any chance? I'm in the leads business, on the software engineering end.

Nope, good old face to face,. outside on the lot with people.

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2011, 01:36:12 pm »
Old guy here saying hi. Welcome to the board. I'm Weaze. I like bacon, tacos, turtles and beer. I'm often found wearing a kilt, if i'm not pantless.  I'm pretty much the boards whipping boy.  ;D
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline Mark G

• Brewmaster
  • Huntley, IL
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2011, 02:28:04 pm »
Welcome. You'll find this a friendly place with tons of knowledge to help you get started.
Mark Gres