Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: New Guy Here Saying Hi  (Read 3571 times)

Offline 1vertical

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Ozone Layer. Actual location
Re: New Guy Here Saying Hi
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2011, 11:35:42 pm »
Old guy here saying hi. Welcome to the board. I'm Weaze. I like bacon, tacos, turtles and beer. I'm often found wearing a kilt, if i'm not pantless.  I'm pretty much the boards whipping boy.  ;D
Did you say you  like bacon? when you meant you LOVE bacon

Welcome aboard Kalumx
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2011, 12:31:57 am »

Later this week I plan on setting up my little home brewing operation and going at it. I do realize it will take a long time to get everything down, but I love learning new things.

Welcome to the obssesion Jeramy!  Man your post brings back memories of when I started brewing.

I'm betting you're going to hit it out of the park on your first try.  Fresh beer brewed by your own hand is as good as it gets... truely.  Then it takes off from there.

Your enthusiasm is infectious.  Thanks for posting.  Please let us know how it goes.  Lots of great people on this forum.  I hope you continue to join in the mayhem that is the AHA Forum.   ;)

ps
If you look up bacon in the dictionary there will likely be a picture of a pantless weaz there... DON"T LOOK!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 12:36:00 am by punatic »
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2011, 08:04:49 am »
Welcome to the AHA forum.  It is a pretty good group here.  Many are experts,and will give good advice.

If you go all grain (assume you first batch is extract), there are many in the area that you can learn from.  I am just up the road in Milford. 

Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline chezteth

• Brewmaster
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2011, 09:00:25 am »
Welcome to the forum Jeramy!  We look forward to hearing about your brewing escapades and answering your questions.

Offline kalumx

• 1st Kit
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2011, 04:10:55 pm »
Welcome to the AHA forum.  It is a pretty good group here.  Many are experts,and will give good advice.

If you go all grain (assume you first batch is extract), there are many in the area that you can learn from.  I am just up the road in Milford. 

All right, a local to help me out. Well  Wednesday is the big day. I have not read the instruction or even looked at the ingredients yet. That is just how I do things I guess, Winging it. HAHA!! Anyway, I'll let you know how it goes, and I am always open to any advice you have to give. I look forward to sitting down and having a beer with you one day. Thanks for the support.

Jeramy

Offline blatz

• Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2011, 04:37:49 pm »
Welcome Jeramy!
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2011, 06:28:40 pm »
Welcome Dude.

Fear not, for thou hast entered the realm of brewing wisdom.

The Tubercle will keep you on the straight and narrow for he knows all; except for all that brewing science hocus-pocus some of these fellers spout ???
Sweet Caroline where the Sun rises over the deep blue sea and sets somewhere beyond Tennessee

Offline beersk

• In the night!
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2011, 08:51:26 pm »
Wilkommen!  Pretty righteous group of dudes here.  Don't mind Denny, he's just the board's Old Prospector.  Awwww peaches!
Jesse