Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: new lessoned learned  (Read 1688 times)

Offline gsandel

• Brewer
  • www.onbeer.blogspot.com
    • On Beer
new lessoned learned
« on: April 30, 2011, 09:41:28 pm »
made a marathon 2 batch day (24 gallons total)....the beers were both easy drinking summer brews...but I learned that remembering all the lessons learned from last time could be easily be applied....I think I actually became a better brewer by meticulously planning a two brew day and applying what I learned in brew 1 to brew 2....I internalized a lot, stayed focused, and actually had an easy day (oh, and everything worked, too).

I am set for summer....or the first third, at least.
You wouldn't believe the things I've seen...

beveragebob

Re: new lessoned learned
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 10:32:03 pm »
Congrats! Planning and setting up before hand makes the brew day easier. Having everything laid out and ready to go puts the fun into brewing.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 10:40:15 pm »
made a marathon 2 batch day (24 gallons total)....the beers were both easy drinking summer brews...but I learned that remembering all the lessons learned from last time could be easily be applied....I think I actually became a better brewer by meticulously planning a two brew day and applying what I learned in brew 1 to brew 2....I internalized a lot, stayed focused, and actually had an easy day (oh, and everything worked, too).

I am set for summer....or the first third, at least.

Feels good to be beer-rich.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline liquidbrewing

• Brewer
  • OG - FG x 131= ABV%
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 07:16:23 am »
Congrats!!  I have found my brew days to go much smoother lately, as well.  When I decided not to do auxiliary brewing tasks on the brew day.  IE, racking beer, kegging, extra cleaning, etc...  If I just focus on brewing, then do all the other stuff on another day everything goes a lot better!
Justin
Liquid Brewing, Co.
"Find Your Own Level"