Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: beer is not good enough  (Read 5232 times)

Offline Will's Swill

• Brewer
  • Secretly likes wine...
beer is not good enough
« on: April 26, 2011, 07:13:03 am »
Well, I never.  It appears that I shan't be attending the Royal Wedding.  Suds have been banned from the reception because, "beer is not fit to be served in the presence of the queen."  Hmph.   :-[
Is that a counter-pressure bottle filler in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

ccarlson

Re: beer is not good enough
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 07:21:27 am »
I will be SO glad when this wedding is over. It's nothing but a bunch of overly rich people, who got that way at the expense of the working class, riding around in fancy carriages. Who cares?

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 08:18:30 am »
Well at least she is pleasant to look at.

When I was a kid, we were on a Boy Scout canoe trip when Charles and Di were married.  We had two older scouts from England with us on the trip, and they stopped doing everything to sit around the radio and listen to the wedding ceremony.  It was the most bizzarre thing I had ever seen in my few years.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline thirsty

• Brewer
  • Brewster, NY
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 08:42:05 am »
I'm always amazed that the British people are willing to pay for all that royal nonsense. These Kings and Queens and whatnot sound really expensive.

ccarlson

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 08:49:08 am »
  Well at least she is pleasant to look at.

You'll get no argument from me.  :P

Offline beersk

• In the night!
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 09:09:32 am »
Saw this on Beer Advocate, it's pretty maddening.  I wasn't planning to watch the wedding anyway.  It's too bad the mass produced beers like Bud gave beer such a bad name.
Jesse

Offline theDarkSide

• Derry, NH
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 09:47:25 am »
Maybe this is what made them change their mind

Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline weithman5

• Senior Brewmaster
  • naperville, il
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 10:15:09 am »
What bothers me is we kicked their ass so we wouldn't have to listen to this nonsense, yet here we are. 
Don AHA member

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 10:58:58 am »
The boy's godfather is quite British, but I don't know if they're planning on watching the thing or not. I do know, however, that when my wife found out about the marriage she just about flipped a wig, apparently a large portion of off-hours during her middle- and high-school was all about who would marry prince what's his name.

I had a former colleague who met William at some mutual friend's birthday party. That's just a whole other world - they had it on some enormous castle grounds, and had some craftsman do up miniature hot-air balloons to hang tea lights from to provide lighting, I s*** you not.

I'm all for a good bit of foie gras every now and then, but some things are just beyond me.
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline SpanishCastleAle

• Brewer
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 11:39:56 am »
I for one agree.  "Good beer is not fit to be served in the presence of a lowly, powerless queen.  Let them have wine."

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 11:43:26 am »
Nothing makes the Weaze sicker than celebrity gossip, unless it's royal family gossip. Get this rap over with, and move on people. I can't believe anyone really gives a rats lower intestinal tract.
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 11:49:06 am »
You would think the House of Windsor would be true to their roots. 
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011, 12:22:30 pm »
I didn't care at all about the royals and what they're doing, but now my opinion has gone from ambivalent to low.  It's not that they don't want beer there, but why be a snob about it?  Just say "these are the drinks we're serving", none of this "that entire category of beverage is not fit to be served".  Aren't these people supposed to have impeccable manners?
Tom Schmidlin

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2011, 12:39:56 pm »
So there won't be beer at the hitchin. The proletariat will go through it like gangbusters, and I'm sure all the breweries have been working overtime to provide them their suds.

Well let's hope the marriage lasts. If it ends in divorce Kate probably will turn up dead like Di. Just sayin. I predicted Diana's assassination after she and Dodi Fayed got together and tabloid rumors of a pregnancy arose.

Wish that one hadn't come true. But, my eyes were further opened.

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

ccarlson

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011, 12:53:55 pm »
So there won't be beer at the hitchin. The proletariat will go through it like gangbusters, and I'm sure all the breweries have been working overtime to provide them their suds.

Well let's hope the marriage lasts. If it ends in divorce Kate probably will turn up dead like Di. Just sayin. I predicted Diana's assassination after she and Dodi Fayed got together and tabloid rumors of a pregnancy arose.

Wish that one hadn't come true. But, my eyes were further opened.

Yup, that grassy knoll they ran into in the tunnel didn't just "happen" to be there.   ;D