Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: NY Bar Exam Success!  (Read 2771 times)

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
Re: NY Bar Exam Success!
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2011, 05:30:05 pm »
I have a friend who is a real estate attorney who has done very well for himself.  If I had it to do over again, I think I might go that route.

I have another friend who is a prosecuting attorney.  He likes what he does, but often is on call (from the police department) at all hours of the night and day including weekends.  The pay is not stellar either.  But, he is my go-to guy when I want to know what is legal, what is not, and how the cops come down on what is not.
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline skyler

• Brewmaster
  • Hmm. Human music. I like it.
Re: NY Bar Exam Success!
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2011, 02:34:00 pm »
Yeah, I have known a lot of prosecutors since I worked with so many in law school... very high job satisfaction, presumably due to the fact that they mostly worked 9-5. The pay is generally pretty good in California, especially the bay area, but those jobs are less than pipe dreams here in 2011, so I am just flatly not going to bother thinking about it... Real estate law is something else I could dabble in, it makes sense for someone doing bankruptcies, tax work, and estate planning to also handle some real estate work. Trouble is finding a firm to hire you these days... I could open up my own office, but then I would only be able to get what's given to me, and my salary wouldn't be very consistent for the first couple years. Not having a boss does sound pretty good, though.