Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Storms in the southeast  (Read 3407 times)

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
Re: Storms in the southeast
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 10:07:47 pm »
I remember summers back in Ohio. Man we used to get some great storms out there. Nothing like seeing the sky turn neon green to make your blood run cold. But, what happened down south is just unreal. So tragic, and sad. Makes me feel kind of morbid to think how much I love a good storm.
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline boulderbrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 11:28:08 pm »
Same here Weaz, but the acid trip it is so much better. I don't have a heart!!!!!! Make me stop beating!!! WTF FLYING MONKEYS!!! I dont have RED SHOES!!! MF!!!

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2011, 03:18:28 pm »
Hey everyone! Thanks for the well wishes. I am safe. No power. Phones just came back on line (and hence the dial up is back too!)

The brewery is "safe" but no power. That means cold room is shut off. Good news is it has been cool down here so I am not worried yet. Lost the batch I was working on when storm was bearing down on me. Even went back to try and save it (long story) but, alas, nothing I can do. Trying to conserve gas now. And food. Really need ice. That said, so far it hasnn;t been too bad. Kinda like camping at your house.

There is some serious damage in some areas. I went out to check on some family and saw some serious destruction. My sister's church was flattened. But thankfully all I know are safe.

Hearing dowwn town huntsville may have power by monday. I am hoping that the brewery gets back on line before my house. Gotta have priorities.

Offline gmac

• Brewmaster General
  • London, Ontario
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2011, 03:59:30 pm »
Glad you're ok, hope you have electricity soon and that things get back to normal for you.  Really sad about all the damage and destruction and I can't imagine how the people who lost loved ones must feel.  Building, and beer, can be made new but unfortunately, not everything can.

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2011, 04:41:17 pm »
Glad to hear you came through it okay Major.
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 05:19:30 pm »
Glad you're good Major. Now that you're safe, your beer is in my thoughts.
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 08:40:27 pm »
Really glad to hear you're okay considering that the storm that hit there was the worst since 1932.

Cheers!  8)
Ron Price

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2011, 02:24:54 pm »
Phone is sporadic at best. first time it has worked since yesterday when I logged in. Back here in my little cove it has been one long party jumping from house to house. Helps to have lots of beer. Course its starting to get warm now.

One of my neighbors made it into town today (I live about 30 minutes from anything) and brought me a 6 pack of Great Divide IPA. I had no IPA at the house so I was thankful (even though I have about 6 bbls worth back in town).  ;D  They also brought ice, which was awesome.

Seriously appreciate all the kind thoughts and words. I almost feel guilty I am not suffering more than I am. Have running water. Have had plenty of food. We are on gas so my cook top works. I have even been plugging in my tankless water heater for hot showers and dishwashing.

Only thing lacking is power to my keggerator but I am very thankful for everything I have, most especially the safety of my family and friends.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2011, 08:31:28 pm »
Great! Beer is always a good thing to have around. ;)
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis