Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: New temp control  (Read 1332 times)

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
New temp control
« on: April 28, 2011, 10:27:36 pm »
  My first batch here in Idaho, did all right, as far as the fermentation temp goes. Was able to keep it around 65*. But, with summer coming up, I knew I needed to do something, since I don't have that sweet fermatorium that I built under my basement steps back in Ohio. Don't know why I didn't think of it sooner, but I had a small fridge laying around that I took out of our camper, when we got the propane fridge. So, I cleaned it up today, and installed my Love temp control in it. Works like a dream. It's holds a bucket of carboy just fine, with room left for a blow off bucket. Sure, my demi-jon won't fit, but that thing is a pain in the sack anyways. Think I am going to hit the scrap yard tomorrow and get a piece of diamond plate for the front of it.

A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Re: New temp control
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 10:51:30 am »
Nice. I've fallen in love with mine.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline hamiltont

• Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 10:57:39 am »
That ought to keep you brewin' through the summer.  Cheers!!!
If Homebrew & BBQ aren't the answer, then you're askin' the wrong questions... Cheers!!!

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 11:01:12 am »
Nice job Barry!

IMO..a fermentation control chamber is one of the most important pieces of equipment that a brewer should own. The beer will only suffer without it.
Ron Price

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 02:03:43 pm »
So true Bluesman. Anyone can brew beer, but the fermenation is where it's at.  Gotta be able to control it.
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.