Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Finally got my water figured out!!  (Read 2136 times)

Offline bassface74

• Cellarman
Finally got my water figured out!!
« on: May 15, 2011, 08:54:59 am »
After quite a few beers brewed, I finally hit my target PH of 5.3 - 5.4 this morning!!  Used some gypsum, 5.2 stabilizer for the strike and lactic acid for the sparge!  Sent in for a water analysis and used the bruin water spreadsheet, it worked well.  Pretty stoked to see how this beer turns out.  It's a Vanilla Porter.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Finally got my water figured out!!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 09:31:05 am »
Next time try it without the 5.2.  You should be able to be right on without it and not using might improve the flavor of your beer.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline bassface74

• Cellarman
Re: Finally got my water figured out!!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 12:50:43 pm »
This is the first time I've tried the 5.2 and the first time I've hit my target, gravities and all.  All my previous beers turned out fine and were really decent, I'm hoping this did the trick though.  I'll make a post when I'm ready to start sipping to let you know!  I tried two beers I've already brewed before so I'm excited to taste the difference.