Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Absent Minded Brewer  (Read 3625 times)

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
Re: Absent Minded Brewer
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 02:04:21 pm »
12.5% Victory(28*L) instead of Vienna(3.5*L) in 10g of a THA clone. Crap!  :-[ A buddy likes it, he'll get it all...
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline seajellie

• Assistant Brewer
Re: Absent Minded Brewer
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2011, 07:35:25 pm »
Two weeks ago I was racking my bohem dunkel out of primary into a keg through the beer out post... only problem was, it wasn't connected to the out post, but to the gas in post!

I was doing some cleanup also, and went over to check how the racking was going. Well, there was a huge amount of foam on account of dropping 2 or 3 gallons of beer a few feet to the bottom of the keg. man.... what a goof. These things always seem to happen to the beers that you expect the most from too!

After about 15 minutes of pulling, cursing, and prying, I finally got the dang QD off the post and back onto the correct post. Keg is now sitting at 35 degrees; so far, no off flavors but I'm drinking it fast just in case. Fortunately I had purged the keg with CO2 so that will help delay problems.

This is why I don't drink when I brew; the distractions of wife and kids can scramble my brain without help.