Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Bin Laden's dead  (Read 9597 times)

Offline skibumben

• 1st Kit
    • ben-johnson.com
Re: Bin Laden's dead
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2011, 11:14:10 am »
On 9/11 I was stationed at Naval Air Station Whidbey Island.  32 days later I was in the Middle East.  While I was there (and not being able to have any beer let alone a great craft beer) I decided I would take up homebrewing.  This weekend I finally made the switch to all grain from partial/extract by building my mash tun ala Mr. Denny Conn.  Osama got me into homebrewing and his demise will be celebrated with a the inaugural christening of my first all grain batch.  I think a good 'ol American IPA called Whoop Ass is in order!
On Tap:
Cream Ale
Wild Rice Pale Ale
Winter Ale (almost gone)
Mocha Stout

beveragebob

« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2011, 11:18:55 am »
And still it is not locked.

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2011, 11:23:54 am »
And still it is not locked.

It won't be locked as long as we all follow the rules.
Ron Price

Offline HydraulicSammich

• Assistant Brewer
  • Logan, UT
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2011, 11:28:33 am »
+1 to that!

This is a huge patriotic issue.  One that brings America together.  I raise a brew as we speak!
AHA Member 900001775

beveragebob

« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2011, 11:39:04 am »
The rules on this thread do not seem to apply.
 As an example
I stated" Yeah I'm glad he's dead and all. It's just funny that the timing coincides with Obama having a deadline in a day or two to announce his re-election campaign."

"someone else stated" "The last thing that went through his mind was a piece of lead with "Made in the U.S.A" stamped on it.

"Now can we please get on with the business of hanging the rest of them?

Yet one of the moderators singled me out  ""Bob, my friend, you came real close."

Close to what?

This is an example of "selective subjectivity" on a political level.

You be the judge. Personally , I don't give a rats, and all I want to do is talk about beer and brewing but, the fact that this thread emerged and allowed us to put forth our opinion, then let it be, lock it out and let's move on. If it needs to go beyond this point, set up a separate web region for this and we can discuss/debate the issues till the cows come home. Otherwise, as most of you that are present.... I'm Just here for the Beer!   Nuff Said!

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2011, 11:41:20 am »
I think today should be a national holiday and day of celebration.  

Send Gaddafi off to join bin Laden and Hussein and make it a hat trick.  Let us not forget Pan Am 103.  That would definetly send the message to terrorists that if you target Americans we will not stop until you are done.
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2011, 11:42:29 am »
It's just funny that the timing coincides with Obama having a deadline in a day or two to announce his re-election campaign."

Just so you know, that was the line.  And now it's over.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell