Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Schnitzel  (Read 4232 times)

Offline SpanishCastleAle

• Brewer
Re: Schnitzel
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2011, 08:03:22 am »
Berrmonger,
Yeah I mentioned Spaetzle in the OP.  Just laziness on my part, plain and simple.

blatz,
I'll try that.  I just used S&P on the pounded pork and then a very light salting as each side was cooked.

Offline Beer Monger

• Brewer
  • ---Michael Dieterle--------- ---Seattle, WA
    • Beer Monger - Adventures In the Wonderful World of Beer.
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2011, 08:04:32 am »
Berrmonger,
Yeah I mentioned Spaetzle in the OP.  Just laziness on my part, plain and simple.

I hear ya.  It is a few extra steps.  ;) 
Beer Monger's Blog
Follow my Beer Monger page on Facebook!

Drink responsibly and stay safe out there.

Offline nicneufeld

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2011, 11:22:53 am »
one thing I like to do that might help, which I got the idea from another forum member:  sprinkle some fennel seed on your pork before you flatten it out.

Fennel?  That sounds nice, although I wonder if we are thinking of the same advice, from Cappozoli...his advice was to sprinkle celery seed (to my recollection!) before flattening them out.  Something an old country relative recommended as I recall.  That's what I do!  Fennel would be good too, though, I love that spice and use large quantities of it.  Might actually give it a slight Italian hint...I've associate fennel seed with Italian sausage since I was a kid and picked them out of the sausage on pizzas...

Offline blatz

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2011, 11:27:12 am »
one thing I like to do that might help, which I got the idea from another forum member:  sprinkle some fennel seed on your pork before you flatten it out.

Fennel?  That sounds nice, although I wonder if we are thinking of the same advice, from Cappozoli...his advice was to sprinkle celery seed (to my recollection!) before flattening them out.  Something an old country relative recommended as I recall.  That's what I do!  Fennel would be good too, though, I love that spice and use large quantities of it.  Might actually give it a slight Italian hint...I've associate fennel seed with Italian sausage since I was a kid and picked them out of the sausage on pizzas...

it was Capp.  I don't ever have celery seed, so I used fennel seed (fairly close, except for the licorice hints) and it was very nice.  thanks for the clarification.
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281

Offline 1vertical

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Ozone Layer. Actual location
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2011, 02:34:30 pm »
To the OP, I believe when I was in Deutchland, that the traditional we were served
at the gasthoff was without sour cream in the sauce. It was  nice clearish brown
gravy with the champignions marinating therein....I am reminded of the gravy
when we make a McCormic packaged brown gravy mix....

Edit: you know all that sodium!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 02:37:03 pm by 1vertical »
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.