Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: pre conference events  (Read 1623 times)

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
pre conference events
« on: May 04, 2011, 02:40:48 pm »
I'm going to be in San Diego early enough to hit the pre-conference events, and I'm trying to decide what to do.  http://www.somelikeithoppy.com/events.html

I'm not going to do a Stone tour, since I will likely have been there already (I'm getting to the area on Saturday).  I can't do both Brewery Tour A and B since they overlap.

Brewery Tour A, 10AM - 3PM: Ballast Point, San Diego Brewing Company, Coronado Brewing

Brewery Tour B, 1PM - 7 PM: Lightning Brewery, Green Flash, Rock Bottom La Jolla

Best of San Diego Beers, 5PM - 12AM: O'Brien's Pub (at least two beers apiece from Alpine, AleSmith, Ballast Point, Green Flash, Lost Abbey, Pizza Port and Stone along with a bonus keg or two from Russian River)

It's hard to decide, but I might do A, take a nap, then go to O'Brien's.  I have to be somewhere (and functioning) at 8:30 AM though, so I can't be out too late.  Maybe I should do tour B and try to get to bed early . . .

Has anyone scheduled anything yet?
Tom Schmidlin

Offline jeffy

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Tampa, Fl
Re: pre conference events
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 03:18:17 pm »
I'm going to be in San Diego early enough to hit the pre-conference events, and I'm trying to decide what to do.  http://www.somelikeithoppy.com/events.html

I'm not going to do a Stone tour, since I will likely have been there already (I'm getting to the area on Saturday).  I can't do both Brewery Tour A and B since they overlap.

Brewery Tour A, 10AM - 3PM: Ballast Point, San Diego Brewing Company, Coronado Brewing

Brewery Tour B, 1PM - 7 PM: Lightning Brewery, Green Flash, Rock Bottom La Jolla

Best of San Diego Beers, 5PM - 12AM: O'Brien's Pub (at least two beers apiece from Alpine, AleSmith, Ballast Point, Green Flash, Lost Abbey, Pizza Port and Stone along with a bonus keg or two from Russian River)

It's hard to decide, but I might do A, take a nap, then go to O'Brien's.  I have to be somewhere (and functioning) at 8:30 AM though, so I can't be out too late.  Maybe I should do tour B and try to get to bed early . . .

Has anyone scheduled anything yet?

Don't forget the BJCP lunch for final round judges, which I haven't seen on any calendars yet.  It is early afternoon I think.
I doubt I can actually plan anything because my flights are going to be stand by.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline SiameseMoose

• Assistant Brewer
  • Cincinnati, OH
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 03:34:29 pm »
I'm doing Tour A with my wife, and Tour D while she's in the AHA Governing Committee meeting on Wednesday. I'd love to do the Best of San Diego, but staying out to midnight Pacific time right after traveling from the Eastern time zone would probably cost me dearly  in terms of enjoying the rest of the conference.

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 08:12:16 pm »
Tom...I am arriving on Wed. so I will miss the pre-conf boat, but I'll have to look you up at the conference. Maybe we'll have a beer or two or three... ;)
Ron Price

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 11:28:26 pm »
Don't forget the BJCP lunch for final round judges, which I haven't seen on any calendars yet.  It is early afternoon I think.
I doubt I can actually plan anything because my flights are going to be stand by.
I haven't forgotten!  I should have specified I was talking about Tuesday (dur).  Wednesday will be the GC meeting, followed tentatively by the BJCP reception and the BN party.  We'll see how the timing works out.

I'm doing Tour A with my wife, and Tour D while she's in the AHA Governing Committee meeting on Wednesday. I'd love to do the Best of San Diego, but staying out to midnight Pacific time right after traveling from the Eastern time zone would probably cost me dearly  in terms of enjoying the rest of the conference.
Damn Rob, I just figured out that was you.  Hi.  :)  If the Festrunk brothers can do it, so can you! ;D

Tom...I am arriving on Wed. so I will miss the pre-conf boat, but I'll have to look you up at the conference. Maybe we'll have a beer or two or three... ;)
That's a given ;)
Tom Schmidlin