Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: bad day resolution  (Read 3054 times)

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
Re: bad day resolution
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2011, 02:02:06 am »
They got some of your money and that's what it was all about. I wonder if they checked the citizenship of those that needed interpreters? I'm guessing not.

::)

Because citizenship is a requirement for being in the US? I don't think so. That's towing the 'no racism' line pretty damn close.

Does being in the US illegally make you a member of a protected race?  Which race would that be?   

Isn't accusing someone of racism, where no racism exists, the worst kind of racism?
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

ccarlson

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2011, 05:29:03 am »
They got some of your money and that's what it was all about. I wonder if they checked the citizenship of those that needed interpreters? I'm guessing not.

::)

Because citizenship is a requirement for being in the US? I don't think so. That's towing the 'no racism' line pretty damn close.

Where's the racism in checking the citizenship of all the people that are in court suspected/committed of crimes? I'll bet you that the majority of ones found not to be citizens are also the ones that need interpreters. INS should be standing by with a bus.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 06:26:05 am by ccarlson »

Offline SpanishCastleAle

• Brewer
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2011, 06:51:51 am »
I hate everything to do with the court system.  Bureaucrats treating everyone like they are dips***s.  I had jury duty every year after I registered to vote in 1973.  Never got seated on a jury because when we got to the voir dire part I never hid my contempt for the Orlando Police Department and the Orange County Sheriff Office. 

I do not dislike police.  I have several good friends on the Hawaii County Police Department.  I just dislike the OPD and the OCSO.  Arrogant a-holes.
+1...if you removed every one of them that was either corrupt or incompetent there wouldn't be many left.  We need someone/something to protect us from our own cops (well, they do; I live in Seminole).

Offline bonjour

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Troy, MI, 37mi, 60.9deg AR
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2011, 07:09:54 am »
This is getting too political,  watch yourselves guys. 
Fred Bonjour
Co-Chair Mashing in Michigan 2014 AHA Conference in Grand Rapids, Michigan
AHA Governing Committee; AHA Conference, Club Support & Web Subcommittees

Everything under 1.100 is a 'session' beer ;)