Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Going to Antiques Roadshow!  (Read 6294 times)

Offline gordonstrong

• Senior Brewmaster
    • BJCP
Re: Going to Antiques Roadshow!
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2011, 11:20:17 am »
When my wife got it, she installed a fold down rear seat bed so she could go camping.

Yeah.  "Camping." Gotcha.   ;)
Gordon Strong • Beavercreek, Ohio • AHA Member since 1997 • Twitter: GordonStrong

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2011, 11:25:09 am »
When my wife got it, she installed a fold down rear seat bed so she could go camping.

Yeah.  "Camping." Gotcha.   ;)

I knew some sick minded person would think that.  Should have guessed it would be you!  ;)
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2011, 11:57:52 am »
Which brings us to the bumper sticker thread: If this van's a rockin', don't come a knockin'.  :D
Good luck at the Roadshow!
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline jamminbrew

• Brewmaster
  • theAntipunk
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2011, 12:03:49 pm »
Please let us know when this particular show airs, I would like to see it! Good luck, and have fun!
In caelo cerivisiae nil, hic igitur bibimus.

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2011, 12:22:59 pm »
Please let us know when this particular show airs, I would like to see it! Good luck, and have fun!

If I know, I'll post.  But there's no guarantee I'll be on it.

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

ccarlson

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2011, 12:57:30 pm »
Wish I lived closer denny I would love to take that bus off your hands. I've owned a ton of bugs but never a bus, always wanted one. My wife and I stop and look at everyone we see. Got any picts?

This is all I've got...you can kinda see the curtains in the back window.  When my wife got it, she installed a fold down rear seat bed so she could go camping.

Well, you certainly wouldn't want to jump in the back of the van with any of those guys. :)

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2011, 09:36:34 pm »
Wish I lived closer denny I would love to take that bus off your hands. I've owned a ton of bugs but never a bus, always wanted one. My wife and I stop and look at everyone we see. Got any picts?

This is all I've got...you can kinda see the curtains in the back window.  When my wife got it, she installed a fold down rear seat bed so she could go camping.

I love this pic! It's the Denny Conn edition of Where's Waldo!  ;D
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2011, 01:30:37 am »

Yeah.  "Camping." Gotcha.   ;)

I knew some sick minded person would think that.  Should have guessed it would be you!  ;)
We're all thinking it Denny, just some won't post it  And some haven't read it until after Gordon, so there's no point in being repetitive. ;)
Tom Schmidlin

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2011, 12:31:43 pm »

Yeah.  "Camping." Gotcha.   ;)

I knew some sick minded person would think that.  Should have guessed it would be you!  ;)
We're all thinking it Denny, just some won't post it  And some haven't read it until after Gordon, so there's no point in being repetitive. ;)

Not me Tom...I wasn't thinking about that at all.  ::)

That's sick.  ;D

Ron Price

Offline dean

• Brewmaster
  • Me and Hayden, my newest grandson.
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2011, 11:54:56 am »
I can just hear  the appraiser now "Very rarely do you see a hippy in this good of shape....."  ;D

:D :D Holy crap Barry, I snorted hard on that one.   ;D

+100!!   :D  :D

Offline rabid_dingo

• Brewmaster
  • Brighton, CO :D
    • Mile High Monks
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2011, 11:38:30 pm »
I saw this and had to share. From Faillbook.failblog.org

Nothing implied, just funny... :D
Ruben * Colorado :)

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2011, 09:52:58 am »
End of the story....got my pitcher and mugs appraised yesterday at the Roadshow.  Turns out it's a "cider set" made by Royal Doulton in the late 1800s.  The appraiser was impressed that I had all 6 mugs and it was ll in pristine condition.  He said he'd never seen a full set before.  He told me that it should be worth more than it really is but there's little market for it.  Bottom line was $450-700 for the whole set and you're not gonna see me on TV!  6000 people got tickets and appraisals and about 60 will be on TV.  3 1/2 hours of standing in line for 2 min. with an appraiser....and I'd do it again if I had the chance!

www.dennybrew.com

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2011, 12:58:09 pm »
End of the story....got my pitcher and mugs appraised yesterday at the Roadshow.  Turns out it's a "cider set" made by Royal Doulton in the late 1800s.  The appraiser was impressed that I had all 6 mugs and it was ll in pristine condition.  He said he'd never seen a full set before.  He told me that it should be worth more than it really is but there's little market for it.  Bottom line was $450-700 for the whole set and you're not gonna see me on TV!  6000 people got tickets and appraisals and about 60 will be on TV.  3 1/2 hours of standing in line for 2 min. with an appraiser....and I'd do it again if I had the chance!

Awesome Denny!

When should we be tuning in?  :)
Ron Price

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2011, 01:30:05 pm »
All I know is that they'll air 3 shows from Eugene sometime between Jan. and June next year.  I won't be on the air.  The big deal was a guy who brought a Norman Rockwell painting they valued at $500K!

www.dennybrew.com

Offline SwashBuckling Drunk

• Assistant Brewer
  • Boring, Oregon
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2011, 01:43:36 pm »
Cool on the Roadshow Denny!

Ya know, there's a guy in Eugene that puts american V8's/ drivetrains in those old VW buses as a business.  I always smile when a bus gos screamin' by me, uphill, on I-5.