Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: NHC First Round Results  (Read 20185 times)

Offline marty

• Cellarman
Re: NHC First Round Results
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2011, 02:56:25 pm »
got my scoresheets back the other day, and I wanted to make note of something I don't remember seeing mentioned

on top of all her work organizing the NHC, it looks like Janis took part in the later Saratoga judging when they were behind and in need of judges,  Saratoga, NY ain't anywhere near Boulder, CO

Offline johnf

• Brewer
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2011, 06:22:14 pm »
got my scoresheets back the other day, and I wanted to make note of something I don't remember seeing mentioned

on top of all her work organizing the NHC, it looks like Janis took part in the later Saratoga judging when they were behind and in need of judges,  Saratoga, NY ain't anywhere near Boulder, CO

Are you assuming that based on having a scoresheet from her? I ask because I know she was there on the first day of Saratoga judging.

Offline Janis

• AHA Project Coordinator/NHC Director
  • Brewer
  • Which came first, the pelican or the beer?
    • American Homebrewers Association
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2011, 11:44:14 am »

Hi Marty,

Each year I travel to one of the sites to help out with either pre-competition stuff (entry check-in, etc.) or to help as much as I can with the competition.  This year I traveled to Saratoga Springs, NY to help out.  The organizer had scheduled the competition immediately following the entry deadline and the hand-over of the competition database, and I figured they would need some help.  As it turns out, I helped them with the competition database on Friday night (4/1), and I judged for 2 sessions on Saturday and also Sunday.

The weekend following my trip to NY, I judged in the Denver competition.  Personally, that's a little too much judging for me, and I'll think about having a non-judging weekend in between in the future.

Cheers,
    Janis
Janis Gross
National Homebrew Competition Director
AHA Project Coordinator
janis@brewersassociation.org

Offline seanoj

• 1st Kit
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2011, 09:48:19 pm »
I entered Seattle.  I just received my certificates (three silver and one bronze, thank you very much) but did not receive detailed scoresheets.  Should I expect something more?

-Sean

Offline johnf

• Brewer
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2011, 09:57:53 pm »
I entered Seattle.  I just received my certificates (three silver and one bronze, thank you very much) but did not receive detailed scoresheets.  Should I expect something more?

-Sean

The scoresheets are sent directly from the judging site. Other people who entered Seattle got theirs by mid-April. If you have not received yours, something is not right. Contact the site organizer for Seattle. Maybe your address was wrong and they got returned.

Offline gisbrewmaster

• 1st Kit
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2011, 10:06:28 pm »
My score sheets came as an email!

Matt

Offline thomasbarnes

• Brewer
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2011, 01:37:09 pm »
My score sheets came as an email!

Email with attached scans of the scoresheets, or actual electronic feedback from judges?