Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Getting bottles back from beers you give out?  (Read 6816 times)

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Getting bottles back from beers you give out?
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2011, 10:25:55 am »
Is this a problem for anyone else?  I'm always running out of bottles 'cause I never seem to get back all the ones I hand out.  Not that I expect to get 'em all back - it just means more bottle delabeling is in my future.

Oh - and I HATE Elysian labels (and a few others).  Amonia does not loosen whatever super-glue they use on their lables.  I've had to scrape the labels off those bottles.  Does anyone else use a method other than an amonia solution soak to easily remove labels? 

I don't bother with removing labels, but have about ten different colors of caps........   I don't bottle very much though.

Offline dean

• Brewmaster
  • Me and Hayden, my newest grandson.
Re: Getting bottles back from beers you give out?
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2011, 11:01:19 am »
I personally find the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale bottles easy to soak and remove labels with just hot water.

May I suggest that, if it takes you longer than 2 minutes to get a label off a bottle, then just throw it in the recycling bin.

On some bottles, label removal is a phyrric victory.  Be smart, and choose your battles wisely.

+1,000,000,000 !!!

SNPA bottles are the easiest to remove labels and the contents bring great joy.   ;D  There are few others that are just as easy but I can't recall which ones right off the top of my head.  I've got a bunch of bottles or so that I need to remove labels from, will be removing Founders for the first time so I'll see how that goes.