Now that I mainly keg, I really don't care. But, When I did give bottles out, I always made sure to when I gave them the beer, to give a good lesson on how to properly rinse the bottle. I told them that the bottle being returned clean makes it a lot easier for me to fill it for "them" next time. It worked 90% of the time. The other 10% just did not get anymore beer. Not that a few bottles were a big deal, but to me it was a respect thing. I was kind enough to give them my beer, and the only thing I asked for was a bottle back. I'm sorry, but if you can't show me that little bit of appreciation, no beer for you.