Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Love this board  (Read 2567 times)

Offline brewmasternpb

• Brewer
Love this board
« on: May 31, 2011, 09:32:42 pm »
This is a great board for anyone who has ever seen the rude comments posted on other boards.  For whatever reason, people get really ticked off on sites like BA for asking about beer reccomendations in other places, calling the posters "lazy" and "uninspired".  I however, love to see people sharing tips about their hometowns...
Dave Malone
The Greater Denver Yeast Infection

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
Re: Love this board
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 10:45:36 pm »
wow that sucks. How is it lazy to ask for good places to get a beer? who better than the locals? or knowledgeable folks who have been there before?

Where are your from Brewmasternpb? and where is good to get a beer there?

**EDIT** I am living in Davis, and the answer is one of these in order of closeness to my house.

Sudwerks
Davis beer shop (not their own but lots o'bottles)
and Russian River (in my opinion)

I grew up in Vermont and the aswer their is (again in my opinion)

The Three Needs on College St, in burlington. And while your their hit up Vermont Pub and Brewery.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 10:57:13 pm by morticaixavier »
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 06:32:50 am »
This is a great board for anyone who has ever seen the rude comments posted on other boards. 

Yeah...bite me.  ;D 

I agree with you.  I know if I did a search on BA for recommendations for an area, there would be a bunch of threads, but sometimes it nice to get new, updated information.  Maybe that pub or bar is having a special event coming up or a limited release that only the locals know about.

I grew up in Vermont and the aswer their is (again in my opinion)

The Three Needs on College St, in burlington. And while your their hit up Vermont Pub and Brewery.

I grew up in VT as well and attended UVM.  Where is Three Needs located on College St?

VT Pub and Brewery is always a stop when I visit Burlington, like next month for the VT brewer's Festival ( haven't been able to make it for the past 3 years...really looking forward to it this year ).
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 09:36:14 am »
Once again, if you put your location in your sig, then people will know where you are and can more easily offer suggestions.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 09:38:41 am »
Three Needs is just across from where the photoshop used to be, just west of north winooski ave. I have not been back in a couple of years so I can't vouch for the quality today. I don't know who is brewing for them right now but they are the pub that started me on microbrew (I ONLY drink Nano-beer). Glenn, the owner trained under Gregg Noonan at VPB.
-A Einstein

- J Joyce

Offline brewmasternpb

• Brewer
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 09:11:55 pm »

Where are your from Brewmasternpb? and where is good to get a beer there?

**EDIT** I am living in Davis, and the answer is one of these in order of closeness to my house.

Sudwerks
Davis beer shop (not their own but lots o'bottles)
and Russian River (in my opinion)

I'm from (and still live in) Denver
Great Divide
Falling Rock
Breckenridge Brewery and Barbecue

That's actually pretty funny, I'm going to California in August, but not near you, San Diego.  I noticed that someone just posted a San Diego thread as well.
You guys are awesome!
Dave Malone
The Greater Denver Yeast Infection

Offline toddhert

• Cellarman
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 07:57:59 am »
Hey just thought I'd chime in here. First off, I saw Sudwerks mentioned. I can't get anything from Sudwerks here in Michigan, but I've heard they made a really good Helles. Is this true and if so, is it good? I WILL travel for a good lager!!! :)

Secondly, just wanna mention that if you're in Michigan, we have some great brewerys here! Brewery Vivant just opened a few blocks from my house and they make some awesome French/Belgian style beers! The Farmand Ale (saison wheat beer?) is great! They just came out with some sour beers that I have yet to try, but if you're in Grand Rapids Michigan, I would stop by this place, it's great! Founders is good as well, but I haven't seen much new from them in a while. In all, there are 6 decent size brewerys here in GR with a 7th about to open! We also have the Hopcat, which is a great beer lovers paradise! Bells and New Holland aren't far either! If you are in the area and wanna do some brewery hopping (no pun intended), let me know. Cheers!

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 12:55:18 pm »
Hey just thought I'd chime in here. First off, I saw Sudwerks mentioned. I can't get anything from Sudwerks here in Michigan, but I've heard they made a really good Helles. Is this true and if so, is it good? I WILL travel for a good lager!!! :)

Secondly, just wanna mention that if you're in Michigan, we have some great brewerys here! Brewery Vivant just opened a few blocks from my house and they make some awesome French/Belgian style beers! The Farmand Ale (saison wheat beer?) is great! They just came out with some sour beers that I have yet to try, but if you're in Grand Rapids Michigan, I would stop by this place, it's great! Founders is good as well, but I haven't seen much new from them in a while. In all, there are 6 decent size brewerys here in GR with a 7th about to open! We also have the Hopcat, which is a great beer lovers paradise! Bells and New Holland aren't far either! If you are in the area and wanna do some brewery hopping (no pun intended), let me know. Cheers!

Haven't tried the sudwerks helles, will try it next time I get a chance and let you know!

My older brother lives in detroit and used to work at the traffic Jam which is (was?) a  brewpub/cheesepub and was quite good. Love farmhouse style beers. Maybe next time I am driving across the country I will plan a stop in Grand Rapids.
-A Einstein

- J Joyce

Offline speed

• Brewer
  • Thedford nebraska
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 05:57:37 pm »
saying you live in san diego  is like saying you live in america, its so big. maybe if you can give us your address and social security no. and while you're at it maybe your credit card no's. too. ;D