Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Kegerator case  (Read 2301 times)

Offline Tommy C

• 1st Kit
Kegerator case
« on: January 08, 2012, 09:35:45 am »
I just invested in a kegerator but would like to encase the whole thing in a nice wood casing to match to woodwork of the room it's in.  Does anyone have any general blue prints/plans that I can use as a guideline.

The kegerator looks like a mini fridge with 2 taps and a swinging door on the front.

I'm just looking for some simple designs/tips that I can alter to suite my set up.

Thanks.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Re: Kegerator case
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 11:48:21 am »
Oscarvan stated that it was bad to encase a freezer since the freezer dissipates heat from the sides.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline oscarvan

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Kegerator case
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 08:56:17 pm »
It do. But, a reefer with a fan and an evaporator coil is a different animal. As long as you don't obstruct the air flow you're OK.

If it were me I would remove handles etc to the extent possible, and mask the rest. Sand with 400 grit paper then either rattle can a nice color or hand paint a wood grain on there. (See the faux paint books at your local home improvement store.....)
Wooden Shoe Brew Works (not a commercial operation) Bethlehem, PA
http://www.woodenshoemusic.com/WSBW/WSBW_All_grain_Setup.html
I brew WITH style..... not necessarily TO style.....