Well, finally brewed Denny's Rye IPA with this yeast this weekend. I started with a 1.5 liter starter on a stir plate, then to a 3 quart starter on a stir plate also chilled and decanted. Then 2 days before brewing I put it into a very small starter to wake up the yeast, since it had been in the fridge for a few weeks. Brewed a 10.5-ish gallon batch split into 2 - 6.5 gallon fermenters and it made a mess of my fermentation chest!
First, I forgot to switch out the airlocks for blowoff tubes on before I went to bed
. Then when I did get the tubes on (first thing next morning), I had the tubes in their own 1/2 gallon mason jars a little less than half full of sanitizer. Every couple hours those were erupting with foam and yeast from all the blow-off. Whoops! I guess I may have overpitched a little, but man did that thing take off like a rocket! I'll wait for the slow-down that everyone else seems to experience then slowly begin to step up the temp.