Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Seattle Beer Week Is Here!  (Read 2437 times)

Offline Beer Monger

• Brewer
  • ---Michael Dieterle--------- ---Seattle, WA
    • Beer Monger - Adventures In the Wonderful World of Beer.
Seattle Beer Week Is Here!
« on: May 19, 2011, 12:57:32 pm »
I'll be at Maritime Pacific Brewing tonight for the tapping of the official Seattle Beer Week beer - Decompression Ale. 

I have so much stuff planned over the next 10 days.  This week is gonna kill me!  lol

You can see all SBW events (12+ per day!) Here: http://tinyurl.com/46wya7x

Beer Monger's Blog
Follow my Beer Monger page on Facebook!

Drink responsibly and stay safe out there.

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
Re: Seattle Beer Week Is Here!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 01:00:42 pm »
I struggled over this, but decided that even though it's a family free weekend for me, I'd rather brew than go to a bunch of beer events.  I'm going to go to Malt and Vine and stock up a bit, then spend the weekend making beer.  :)
Tom Schmidlin

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 05:15:09 pm »
Well, I guess if I were on the mainland I'd be shickled titless.   ;D
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 07:54:24 pm »
Well, I guess if I were on the mainland I'd be shickled titless.   ;D

That's a new one.  ;D

Seattle Beer Week sounds like alot of fun. I love this time of year...but so many beer events and so little time.
Ron Price

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 08:17:45 am »
I'll be at Maritime Pacific Brewing tonight for the tapping of the official Seattle Beer Week beer - Decompression Ale. 

I have so much stuff planned over the next 10 days.  This week is gonna kill me!  lol

You can see all SBW events (12+ per day!) Here: http://tinyurl.com/46wya7x

Well, since I'm two hours away from Seattle, I can't do it all.  We've decided on the dinner with Charlie Finkle from Pike Brewing next weekend.  Plus, I can drop off some kegs to the WAHA guys for the trip down to San Diego.......

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 10:39:29 am »
I picked up a couple of bottles of the Decompression Ale for decompressing after brewing this weekend. :)
Tom Schmidlin

Offline Beer Monger

• Brewer
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 11:07:43 am »
I struggled over this, but decided that even though it's a family free weekend for me, I'd rather brew than go to a bunch of beer events.  I'm going to go to Malt and Vine and stock up a bit, then spend the weekend making beer.  :)
That's just the weekend.  Seattle Beer Week is 10 days - it goes until the 29th. 

I hadn't planned on brewing this weekend anyway.  Too much other stuff going on even before Seattle Beer Week. I was offered 2 free tickets to the BBQ & Brews event at Wine World, featuring Kansas City BBQ & Boulevard Brewing beers.  I've also purchased tickets for the Firestone Walker & Homebrew Chef dinner at Brouwer's Cafe on the 23rd. 

If anyone's interested, I have a video up with the Official reading of the Mayor's Proclamation opening Seattle Beer Week and the tapping of the first keg/firkin of the Official Seattle Beer Week beer (Decompression).  You can see that video here: http://www.youtube.com/user/AHABeerMonger?feature=mhee#p/a/u/0/lZoJ3k-2Mlc
Beer Monger's Blog

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 11:18:08 am »
That's just the weekend.  Seattle Beer Week is 10 days - it goes until the 29th. 
It wouldn't be much of a beer week if it only lasted for the weekend. ;) But it was the family-free part that would let me get out to whatever I'd like this weekend, and I'm not having a full week family-free.  We might make one of the events during the week though, well see.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 12:55:05 pm »
Seatlle Beer Week is great!  Sounds like they have events where you can take the whole famn damily!   ;D
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline Beer Monger

• Brewer
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 08:33:20 am »
The Firestone Walker & Homebrew Chef dinner at Brouwer's on the 23rd was a gastronomic orgy.  So damn good!

I wrote it up - complete w/ photos of each course here: http://beermonger.blogspot.com/2011/05/firestone-walker-homebrew-chef.html
Beer Monger's Blog