Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Formula 1  (Read 1276 times)

Offline tonyp

• Brewmaster
  • If it ain't broke you aren't trying hard enough...
Formula 1
« on: May 19, 2011, 12:22:26 pm »
Any F1 fans here?

I was a big fan when I was kid, and have gotten back into it over the past few years. This year has been the most exciting that I can remember with the new tire compounds, KERS and DRS.

Its such a shame the coverage in the US is such complete s***. But thanks to the internet, watching the BBC's F1 coverage makes me so jealous of people living in Europe, its absolutely the best sports coverage in the world. Martin Brundle, David Coulthard, the hilarious Eddie Jordan, Jake Humphrey, Crofty, Anthony Davidson, the list of excellent personalities seems to go on forever.

Everything about the BBC's show is great, and the banter and jabbing that goes on between the announcers is hilarious. Its so enjoyable that I watch everything from friday practice to the race on sunday.

I mostly cheer for Ferrari (Massa/Alonso), Team Lotus, McLaren and any team that Rubens Barrichello is a part of (he did beat the Stig afterall).

I know there aren't alot of F1 fans in the US but I love it. Anyone else?

Tony
Live from the Jersey Shore!

Phrases for Creatives, #22:
"I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter."

Offline 1vertical

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Ozone Layer. Actual location
Re: Formula 1
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 12:33:26 pm »
I helped set up the Audio for the announcers in this gig in 1989....
I do like that racing better than some other circuits....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_street_circuit

But I get my kicks on a fast quarter mile.....nitro baby
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

Offline tonyp

• Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 12:55:47 pm »
Not to derail my own thread but, speaking of drag racing check this out:

a 9 sec electric vw beetle

so awesome

Offline Malticulous

• Brewer
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 01:24:31 pm »
I wish speed would replay the race in the day time. I have to get up really early to watch most of the races.

Offline tonyp

• Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 01:58:31 pm »
I wish speed would replay the race in the day time. I have to get up really early to watch most of the races.

check out the BBCs website, they have an online streaming video site, there of course other means of getting the race videos...

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 07:05:39 pm »
I'm a big NHRA fan. Really bummed that this will be the first year I will miss the Norwalk race since it was inagurated, and Columbus a few years prior to that.
 I do enjoy F1 as well. Have not watched a lot of it, but am really hoping to this summer. Actually, I have only caught one NHRA event since Feb. Pretty sad. Really loved the NHRA commentary when Mike Dunn and Marty were together. But, then someone got the bright idea to move Marty over to IRL, and pull Paul Page to NHRA. How that man got a career in announcing is beyond me. He knows nothing about NHRA, and really can't speak. He just can't get the words out. I can't tell you how many times I've heard him call drivers by the wrong names. And when he tries to sound smart, by talking technical about the cars, well, that always ends indisaster. Bring Marty back!
  I do find it interesting that every year Mike Dunn makes a pass. No doubt to keep his license. He claims he will not drive again, but I still have big hopes of him getting back in the cockpit.
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.