Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Chimay White Label  (Read 1494 times)

Offline kgs

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sonoma County, CA
Chimay White Label
« on: May 22, 2011, 07:24:48 pm »
Had this on tap a couple weeks ago at a local wine bar that always features three or four great Belgian beers on draft. I've had Chimay in the bottle and thought it was all right. This was outstanding. Malty, hoppy, chewy, fruity, bready, and hard to believe it was a tripel -- very drinkable. Had 2 glasses (the second with the cheese and fish plates--we were going to go somewhere else for dinner but decided we were happy right where we were). Savored every sip.

This is a place that also frequently has Maredsous and Duvel on tap, and where I also had a very nice glass of La Chouffe "IPA" not long ago. The bartender was Belgian and we had a nice chat about how wonderful Belgium is (I visited Belgium in the 1980s courtesy of a free trip to Europe on Uncle Sam's dime).
K.G. Schneider
AHA Member

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Re: Chimay White Label
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 07:54:36 pm »
Right now Cinq Cents has probably got to be my favorite Chimay. Think they nailed it on the head there. One day I will brew it.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis