Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: New ride!  (Read 4048 times)

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
New ride!
« on: May 20, 2011, 02:50:31 pm »
It's not official yet, but I'm pretty sure I sold my Sammi. Dude was gonna come over this weekend with cash in hand, and a trailer to haul it home on, but stuff came up, and can't do it till I get back from Ohio now. Provided he still buys it, and the seller still has what I want, I'm going from my Samauri, to a truck again. I've really missed my Silverado. Plus, I want something to pull a bigger camper with. Out Trailblazer pulls what we have now just fine, but I plan on getting a newer one real soon, and we are pretty limited with the Trailblazer. Also, 4wd is going to be real nice in the mountains.
  It's got a lot of miles on it, 196k, but it purs like a walrus. Looks like it's been taken very good care of. Not a hint of an oil leak, or anything else as far as that goes. It's a '94, and virtually no rust. And bonus, it's a 5 speed! Going to head over to the owners today, and see if they will hang onto it for a couple weeks. They just put it out today. I saw it garage saleing with the in-laws. (  :-[ ) Told me the price is very negotiable. Gonna see if I can get him to wack a grand off. I'll be happy, though, is I can score it for 2500$
  Now, I just need to think of a name for her.

The old.....

The hopefully new...

« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 02:54:00 pm by weazletoe »
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline tonyp

• Brewmaster
  • If it ain't broke you aren't trying hard enough...
Re: New ride!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 02:52:53 pm »
wow man you better prepare your wallet for the difference in gas prices!
Live from the Jersey Shore!

Phrases for Creatives, #22:
"I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter."

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 02:56:00 pm »
Doesn't really matter. The Sammi hardly ever gets driven any ways. All I really want the truck for is towing the camper. The Trailblazer only gets about 12 mpg towing, and I expect the truck to be close to the same, maybe a little less. So, no worries there. And, it will be a lot better than the 1 ton, 454 I was looking at!  ;D

Offline tonyp

• Brewmaster
  • If it ain't broke you aren't trying hard enough...
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 05:16:55 pm »
And, it will be a lot better than the 1 ton, 454 I was looking at!  ;D

haha no doubt!
Live from the Jersey Shore!

Phrases for Creatives, #22:
"I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter."

Offline rabid_dingo

• Brewmaster
  • Brighton, CO :D
    • Mile High Monks
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 06:22:06 pm »
Name it Steve...
Ruben * Colorado :)

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 07:31:22 pm »
Sweet. Go for it. Pickups are versatile.

I have an '02 Ford F-150 XLT that's paid for and I plan to keep it that way. I love my pickemup truck. I bought it new and it's paid for itself through my music gigs and my other side business not to mention mulch and mushroom soil for the bluesman estate.

There's 1001 reasons to own one.  ;)

Ron Price

Offline Hokerer

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Manassas, VA
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 08:04:04 pm »

I have an '02 Ford F-150 XLT that's paid for and I plan to keep it that way. I love my pickemup truck. I bought it new and it's paid for itself through my music gigs and my other side business not to mention mulch and mushroom soil for the bluesman estate.

Kept my '85 F-150 for 16 years and finally traded it in for the '01 F-150 that just passed 10 years old.  Don't know that I could live without a pickemup.
Joe

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 08:08:37 pm »

Kept my '85 F-150 for 16 years and finally traded it in for the '01 F-150 that just passed 10 years old.  Don't know that I could live without a pickemup.

Right on.  8)
Ron Price

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 11:08:19 pm »
So bummed I sold my Silverado (Allie) when I left Ohio. I thought I could live without a pickup, but one you own one, you can never go back.

Offline 1vertical

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Ozone Layer. Actual location
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 11:28:31 pm »
Yeah and they are so difficult to re-obtain especially at todays prices....  :o
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

Offline corkybstewart

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2011, 07:26:39 am »
My 2001 F250 Powerstroke has 249K miles on it and still runs like a champ.  Of course with the price of diesel so high it mostly just takes trash to the dump every couple of weeks, but my son also uses it to haul his dead junk cars around to whichever mechanic thinks he might be able to fix one.  When I was consulting in the oilfield I charged as much as $1.50 per mile to drive to the rigs so Enron and Devon energy paid my truck off within a year.
Life is wonderful in sunny White Signal New Mexico

Offline Mark G

• Brewmaster
  • Huntley, IL
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2011, 07:29:24 am »
I got lucky and picked up my '99 F-150 a couple years ago for $4000. It's a 5-speed too. It only had 86K on it. I bought it from a guy who just bought a new pick-up, and then inherited this one when his FIL passed away. I couldn't imagine living without a truck now that I have it.
Mark Gres

Offline weithman5

• Senior Brewmaster
  • naperville, il
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2011, 07:40:05 am »
have a 2001 silverado 2500hd crew.  love it.  15mpg driving from chicao to columbus this weekend to see my boys.  also i am the original owner of a  1984 cj7 that i bought when i joined the navy in, well, 1984.  just waiting for a little cash to restore it.
Don AHA member

Offline oscarvan

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2011, 10:52:03 pm »
Trucks good........ 2500 DMAX Allison 6 speed. 12mpg towing, 19-20 highway solo. Camper is a Keystone 29 x-lite, about 8000 pounds loaded up. Max barely knows it's there.....

« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 10:56:05 pm by oscarvan »
Wooden Shoe Brew Works (not a commercial operation) Bethlehem, PA
http://www.woodenshoemusic.com/WSBW/WSBW_All_grain_Setup.html
I brew WITH style..... not necessarily TO style.....

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2011, 11:01:06 pm »
Very nice looking rig! Not sure if it's just the pic, or what, but the front of that trailer sure looks high.
  I hope to have a new camper this summer / fall. Gotta get the TV first though, so I know how much I can pull. Really don't want anything bigger than 25'. That's plenty for the two of us. some of those mountain roads are a pain to get anything real big up, anyways. Can't do anything till I get back from Ohio, and get rid of the Sammi, though.