Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: New ride!  (Read 4049 times)

Offline SwashBuckling Drunk

• Assistant Brewer
  • Boring, Oregon
Re: New ride!
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2011, 07:59:18 am »
It just so happens that '94 Chevy pickups have a great reputation for lasting a long time w/ minimal problems.  I just happen to own one and have found 0ut there's a minor cult around them.  I've always had Ford trucks, but only bought the Chevy cause it was such a good deal.  I found out about the cult after I bought it.  The HVAC controls, and factory stereo, can go whack on ya.  My stereo would just turn itself up sometimes (like all the way).  Easily fixed w/ an ass kickin aftermarket stereo.  As for gas mileage, we just bought a Prius and kept the truck.  Get that truck Weeze.

Offline ryang

• Brewer
  • Indian Hills CO
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2011, 04:20:48 pm »
'96 F250 powerstroke 5-speed.  83k miles and runs like a champ.  about 18 mpg (averaged across city/highway/mountains)

trucks are fun.

Offline oscarvan

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2011, 08:38:34 pm »
Very nice looking rig! Not sure if it's just the pic, or what, but the front of that trailer sure looks high.
  I hope to have a new camper this summer / fall. Gotta get the TV first though, so I know how much I can pull. Really don't want anything bigger than 25'. That's plenty for the two of us. some of those mountain roads are a pain to get anything real big up, anyways. Can't do anything till I get back from Ohio, and get rid of the Sammi, though.

I think there was a little hump there, making the front of the trailer high. Then again, it's a big ass trailer. We have two kids with us, and the annual vacation is two weeks. So, the room comes in handy. Love that thing. First thing I did when I got it was take the battery off the front, and build two 125Ah batteries in a vented compartment in the back, feeding into the system as well as a 1000W inverter. Second thing I did was Craigslist the cheeze Queen mattress, expand the bed platform and muscle a king size pillow top in there.... we be COMFORTABLE!
Wooden Shoe Brew Works (not a commercial operation) Bethlehem, PA
http://www.woodenshoemusic.com/WSBW/WSBW_All_grain_Setup.html
I brew WITH style..... not necessarily TO style.....

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2011, 10:10:28 pm »
Souinds pretty sweet. You got solar panels on it? Once I get my decent camper, they are a must, I feel. My dad-in-law has them., Pretty sweet I tell ya!
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline oscarvan

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2011, 08:44:37 pm »
Souinds pretty sweet. You got solar panels on it? Once I get my decent camper, they are a must, I feel. My dad-in-law has them., Pretty sweet I tell ya!

You need a LOT of solar to feed my family. We are are not energy misers. (AC, toaster, lots of lighting. charging puters, sewing machines etc etc) I would have to cover the roof and then some. Waaayy too expensive. I already had a Honda 2000eu, and I got the companion and splurged on a two hose 5 gallon tank with the modified fuel caps. Run one for minor stuff, two when the AC comes on, fuel once a day. About 15 gallons a week.
Wooden Shoe Brew Works (not a commercial operation) Bethlehem, PA
http://www.woodenshoemusic.com/WSBW/WSBW_All_grain_Setup.html
I brew WITH style..... not necessarily TO style.....

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2011, 09:30:21 pm »
Sounds prettyy sweet. You ever drsg it to Southeast Idaho, look me up.

Offline boulderbrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2011, 09:51:33 pm »
Weaz, I hope all goes well. I hope you get the rig you guys want. Remember camping with a kilt just keeps the wierdos away!

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2011, 01:30:37 pm »
Thanks man. Still looking good for the truck, but will have to hold on the camper for a couple months. That money I've been waiting on is being held up in the courts for a little while.  ::)

Offline boulderbrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2011, 09:50:18 pm »
I will be out there some day maybe sooner but who knows. I hope it makes a ten on your scale. Maybe a mid eightys chevy say 3/4 ton. but the 94 sounds way better,

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2011, 03:25:32 pm »
I doubt I'll get a mid 80's, but I still haven't ruled out the '91, 1 ton.