Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: SPAM!  (Read 7291 times)

Offline capozzoli

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Lat 40* 6 m. 2.24 s. Long -74* 51 m. 21.75 s.
    • Capozzoli Metalworks
Re: SPAM!
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2010, 03:39:28 pm »
Weaze should try using spam in place of klobasa in his slow cooked sweet and sour cocktail and cranberry sauce dish.  Spam does go really well with velveta cheese and clams.
Beer, its whats for dinner.

http://theholyravioli.blogspot.com/

http:// www.thecapo.us

Offline enso

• Brewer
  • Northeast Kingdom, VT
    • Bristle Bros. Brewing Blog
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 06:05:19 am »

Late, late into the night (copious consumption had occurred)  A pound of raw ground beef pureed into melted velveeta and salsa!
So, it isn't really cool to hide a foodstuff in something and not let folks know.  Everyone has the right to decide what they put in their own body.

Did you ask before you ate? You think it was malicious? Then I would agree - not cool.

I don't hang with vegetarians, not that they're bad people, there just aren't many vegetarians in the Midwest...

Funny you should say that.  I was living in the midwest at the time.   ;)

Yeah I learned my lesson there.  It never dawned on me that cheese dip could be unsafe to eat.  I was pretty naive.  Living in the midwest (and some experience in the south) taught me that to some folks meat is a seasoning not just a food group.   ::)

Anyway, regardless, this thread is a about that glorious foodstuff, that wonder of slaughterhouse by products, with the oh so lovely unidentified jelly substance on top...  SPAM

I must admit, Spam is pretty cool.   ;D

Would I knowingly eat it?  Hell no.  Would I worship at it's alter?  Hell yeah?!   ???  :-*

I am glad I do not live in Austin Minn. though.  Drove through there numerous times.  The stench was pretty unbearable.  Sadly, I never made it to the Spam Museum.
Dave Brush

Offline beerocd

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 06:45:18 am »
Spicy Spam Dip

* 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
    * 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Classic, grated
    * 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
    * 1 teaspoon CHI-CHI'S® Thick & Chunky Salsa Mild
    * 1 pinch ground red pepper (cayenne)
    * 1 cup finely chopped green or red bell pepper
    * 1/2 cup chopped celery
    * 1/4 cup chopped onion
    * 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
The moral majority, is neither.

Offline beerocd

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 06:53:50 am »
Just because you don't eat spam - doesn't mean you can't play with it.  ;D

http://spamalot.spam.com/go/game/

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2010, 10:58:57 am »
Weaze should try using spam in place of klobasa in his slow cooked sweet and sour cocktail and cranberry sauce dish.  Spam does go really well with velveta cheese and clams.

Uhhh....
Ron Price

Offline beerocd

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2010, 11:28:34 am »
AWARD WINNING RECIPE!

Spamilicious Corn Chowder Pot Pies

From Darlene Buerger

Ingredients:
1 can Spam, 12-ounces, with bacon or Spam classic, finely diced
1 medium onion, diced
½ cup melted butter, divided
¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup half-and-half
¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
¼ teaspoon chicken bouillon
1 cup corn, slightly thawed
½ package, or 8 ounces, phyllo dough, thawed

In large skillet, over medium heat, sauté Spam and onion in 1/4 cup butter until the onion is softened and the Spam is lightly browned. Reduce heat to low and add the flour; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the chicken broth and increase the heat to medium. Continue stirring as broth thickens. Add the half-and-half, paprika, bouillon and corn. Cook and stir for an additional 1-2 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly. Remove phyllo dough from the refrigerator. Working quickly, separate two sheets of dough and crisscross the sheets over 4 individual (4-inch) glass custard cups or springform pans. Gently press dough into pans (allowing the excess dough to hang over the edge). Brush the bottom of the dough with melted butter. Repeat this process two more times with phyllo dough and butter. Pour prepared filling into the pans. Press excess dough over filling, brushing pastry with butter after each fold. Brush the top of each pastry with butter. Place custard cups or springform pans onto a baking sheet. Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes or until the tops of each pie are golden brown. Remove pot pies from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Carefully remove pies from pans and enjoy!

Makes 4 servings

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2010, 02:33:44 am »
I heard that the pacific islanders love the stuff- because it tastes like long-pig.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline capozzoli

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Lat 40* 6 m. 2.24 s. Long -74* 51 m. 21.75 s.
    • Capozzoli Metalworks
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2010, 07:39:32 am »
MMM long pork. Its awesome if you are not the one that got stuck with the short stick.
Beer, its whats for dinner.

http://theholyravioli.blogspot.com/

http:// www.thecapo.us