Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Bacon and beer  (Read 7062 times)

Offline spydad45

• 1st Kit
Re: Bacon and beer
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2011, 12:37:49 pm »
I "baconized"  my beer today. 2 weeks in the primary was a little longer than I had planned but I got busy. I think it will work out ok since I know that the grease is less likely to mess with the yeasties since they've had a little extra time. I baked the bacon and blotted it on a paper towel as suggested above. I went with a full pound of hardwood smoked, sugar cured bacon. Now I just wait...planning on letting that sit for a week.
The Sun has left us on time.-Thomas Edison

Offline Steve

• Assistant Brewer
  • Been there, done that. And now I've returned
    • Kettle and Cask Beer Blog
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2011, 09:06:10 am »
  Jumpin' JahoshaPHAT!  I'm interested to hear how you think it comes out spydad45.
Steve

"Because beer is food: in cooking, at the table and by the glass. " Lucy Saunders

Offline spydad45

• 1st Kit
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2011, 12:23:58 pm »
I'm bottling my beer today. I put the beer into my deep freeze for a couple of hours to congeal the bacon grease. I haven't tasted it yet.
The Sun has left us on time.-Thomas Edison

Offline Steve

• Assistant Brewer
  • Been there, done that. And now I've returned
    • Kettle and Cask Beer Blog
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2011, 05:59:50 am »
I'm bottling my beer today. I put the beer into my deep freeze for a couple of hours to congeal the bacon grease. I haven't tasted it yet.

The fat congealing is a great idea.  We all look forward to your critique of the flavor, unless you want to send us a bottle and we'll critique with you.
Enjoy the weekend!
Steve

"Because beer is food: in cooking, at the table and by the glass. " Lucy Saunders